(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 161)
I got the idea for this crock pot fruited pork loin roast from my local grocery store.
When I stopped in looking for dinner ideas they had pork loin roasts stuffed with dried fruit sitting in the meat counter.
So, I grabbed one and cooked it in my slow cooker.
It was really tasty.
Stuffing dried fruit into a pork loin is not something I would go to the trouble of doing myself.
I’m much to lazy.
I’d make a simple crock pot fruited pork loin roast instead.
By topping a pork loin with dried fruit and cooking it in the slow cooker with thinly sliced onions, dried fruit and a little spiced apple juice.
Simple. Delicious. No muss, no fuss.
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 8 ounces mixed dried fruit (1 -1-1/2 cups depending on fruit size) (I used a combination of chopped dried apricots, golden raisins and Craisins. Dried apples, pears, peaches and plums would be good too.)
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger
- ¼ teaspoon dried cinnamon
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3 to 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Place the onion slices in the slow cooker and set the pork on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with the dried fruit.
- Stir together the apple juice and spices and pour over the fruit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Slice thinly and serve topped with the dried fruit, onions and pan juices.
The cook time will vary depending on your particular slow cooker.
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker
If you liked this recipe for crock pot fruited pork loin roast you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for Crock Pot Fruited Pork Loin Roast calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.”
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!