(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 159)
I had a feeling that this easy crock pot chicken and stuffing would be a hit with Rod since he likes everything in it.
I liked it’s super easy, no muss, no fuss preparation.
With just 3 ingredients – chicken, stuffing mix, and corn (and water, salt and pepper) this easy slow cooker crock pot chicken and stuffing is one of the easiest slow cooker chicken recipes I’ve tried so far.
The Skinny on Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
To make this dish a little more Weight Watchers friendly, I skipped the 1/4 cup of butter called for.
(The crock pot is a moist form of cooking that requires a lot less fat.)
And I decreased the water a bit to prevent the stuffing from being too soggy.
Served with asparagus and cranberry sauce, this easy crock pot chicken and stuffing made for a comforting easy and delicious weeknight supper.
This dish only needs about 2-1/2 hours of cooking time on HIGH or 4 hours on LOW, perfect when you want the convenience of a crock pot meal in just a few hours.
Each generous serving has 369 calories and *9 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 6-ounce box stuffing mix for chicken**
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix together the stuffing mix, corn and water and spoon over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours (or on LOW for 3-1/2 to 4 hours), until the chicken is tender and the stuffing is done.
** I used ½ of a 12 ounce package of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix instead of Stovetop since I had it in the pantry.
Source: adapted from Fix-it and Forget-it 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes
*PointsPlus® for this easy crock pot chicken and stuffing calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I love inspirational/motivational quotes. They do for my brain, what delicious food does for my body I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my favorites. So, here’s a little food for thought…
“You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.”
~ Beverly Sills
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!