(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 139)
I love making breakfast dishes like this slow cooker breakfast casserole on the weekend so that we can enjoy the leftovers warmed up during the week.
It keeps things quick and easy in the morning.
Combining frozen hash browns, turkey sausage or lean ham, cheese and eggs, this hearty and delicious slow cooker breakfast casserole keeps me satisfied for hours.
Of all the crock pot breakfast dishes I’ve made since October, this is one of our favorites. Rod, Mom and I all liked it a LOT.
I adapted the original recipe, from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!. I made a half batch that provided 6 good-size servings, substituted turkey sausage for the ham, skipped the chopped onion, and used reduced fat cheddar cheese.
According to my calculations, each serving has 261 calories and *7 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (I used O’Brien style)
- ½ pound cooked turkey breakfast sausage
- ¾ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2 to 3-Quart
- If it isn’t already cooked, brown the sausage in a skillet.Drain and set it aside.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Place one third of the frozen potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with one third of the cooked sausage and one third of the cheese.
- Repeat the layers two more times.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, sausage and cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 or 5 hours or until the casserole is set in the middle and lightly brown around the edges.
- Cut into 6 wedges to serve.
This slow cooker breakfast casserole would also be delicious with cubed lean ham instead of the cooked sausage.
Source: adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked this slow cooker breakfast casserole recipe you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker breakfast casserole calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I love inspirational/motivational quotes. They do for my brain, what delicious food does for my body I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my favorites. So, here’s a little food for thought…
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”
~ A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Reminder: You have until Friday (2/21/14) to enter my latest CrockPot Giveaway!!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!