(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 38)
Easy, moist, healthy, and delicious, this Slow Cooker Cornbread, is my new go-to cornbread.
Made with cornmeal, whole wheat flour and plain yogurt, I don’t think I’ll make cornbread in the oven again.
It bakes up denser and moister than cornbread made in the oven.
Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!, I made it to go with our remaining pumpkin black bean chili.
The recipe says to bake this cornbread directly in a 3-Quart slow cooker, but I baked mine in a loaf pan inside my 6-Quart oval CrockPot instead.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl beat the egg well, then add the yogurt, milk and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the cornmeal mixture. Stir just until mixed.
- Pour into greased slow cooker. Or if you only have a large slow cooker, pour into a greased baking pan and place the pan inside your slow cooker. (I used a loaf a pan inside my 6-Quart oval slow cooker.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Source: Adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes!
If you liked this moist healthy slow cooker cornbread, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.