WW Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Slow Cooker BBQ Bacon Green Beans
Looking for a delicious way to jazz up green beans? How about slow cooker BBQ beans with bacon?
They make an excellent side dish for burgers, steak, or any plain roasted or barbecued meat.
And they were very well received when I made them for our 4th of July Crockpotapalooza.
Skinny on Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans with Bacon
Use whatever barbecue sauce you like best for these slow cooker BBQ green beans. I used Stubbs which is much tangier and less sweet than many popular brands.
Rod thought they were just okay. A purist, he prefers his green beans boiled, or steamed, and lightly seasoned with butter, salt and pepper.
Next time I think I would use a sweeter sauce, like Sweet Baby Rays. Of course, you could always use homemade BBQ sauce if you prefer.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Barbecue Green Beans?
According to my calculations each serving has 103 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made these Slow Cooked Low-Fat BBQ Bacon Green Beans, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans with Bacon
- 2 slices bacon (pork or turkey)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh green beans, stem ends trimmed
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- In a small nonstick skillet set over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain well on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Grease the slow cooker with some of the bacon drippings.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Put the beans, crumbled bacon, and onion in the slow cooker. Pour over the barbecue sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the beans are tender and glazed, 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve hot.
Source: Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooker bbq green beans you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Alfredo Bean Casserole (Tablespoon)
- Slow Cooker Southern Style Green Beans (SkinnyMs)
- Creole Style Slow Cooker Green Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Fresh Garlic Green Beans (365 Days of Slow Cooking)
For this slow cooker green bean recipe, I recommend:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!