This easy healthy broccoli slaw with dried cranberries and sunflower seeds makes a delicious quick and easy side dish or lunchtime salad.
I think it’s the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, chewy and crunchy.
And it’s simple to toss together.
Especially if you begin with a package of broccoli slaw mix, which is exactly what I did.
The recipe for this easy, healthy broccoli slaw is adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury.
I made a few changes, though.
I used a package of broccoli slaw mix with carrots and red cabbage already in it. This saves a lot of time. And decreases the risk that I’ll injure myself with a knife or slicer
I cut the recipe in half. We like cole slaw and have been eating it often this summer. But two people can only eat so much slaw at a time.
And I tinkered with the dressing ingredient amounts.
I made this easy healthy broccoli slaw to go with skinny pigs in a blanket recently. We both liked it a lot. And I’ll definitely make it again. But, I think it’s safe to say that we liked the skinny pigs in a blanket more
Each serving of easy, healthy broccoli slaw has with 90 calories and 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix (with carrots and cabbage)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted, roasted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and salt. Add the broccoli slaw mix, green onions and cranberries. Toss to combine and coat with dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, until chilled, or for up to 2 hours. Just before serving sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
Source: adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness
If you enjoyed this easy healthy broccoli slaw here are some other recipes you might like…
If this is your first time visiting Simple Nourished Living – welcome! If you like what you have found, please join me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest or sign up to have my recipes and posts delivered by email. I’m always sharing easy, practical ideas for living happy, healthy and slim.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.