I made this fresh corn tomato salsa to go with chicken quesadillas recently. But it would be great with chicken or fish too.
I think salsas – fresh or jarred – like this corn tomato salsa, are a Weight Watchers best friend. They are a great way to add tons of flavor to your food for minimal Points Plus. You can use them instead of fattening sauces in all kinds of dishes.
The Skinny on Corn Tomato Salsa
Let me tell you, this simple fresh corn tomato salsa really dressed up the quesadillas. It was so good, I can’t wait to made again while fresh corn is in season.
But in a pinch, I think it would be fine made with thawed frozen or canned drained corn too.
Each serving (about 1/2 cup) of this fresh and delicious corn tomato salsa has just 38 calories and *1 Points Plus and works with The Simply Filling Technique.
- 1 cup corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the corn, bell pepper, tomato, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
*PointsPlus® for this corn and tomato salsa recipe calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this corn tomato salsa recipe here are a few more of my favorite salsas to consider:
If this is your first time visiting Simple Nourished Living – welcome! If you like what you have found, please join me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest or sign up to have my recipes and posts delivered by email. I’m always sharing easy, practical ideas for living happy, healthy and slim.