I’ve made this easy, healthy and delicious black bean mango salsa lots of times since discovering it in a Weight Watchers Weekly last summer.
We’ve enjoyed this black bean mango salsa with chips.
On chicken and fish.
And most recently as a healthy tasty topping for turkey burgers.
It’s featured on the Weight Watchers site with Cuban Grilled Chicken, which also is delicious.
The Skinny on Black Bean Mango Salsa
Fresh and colorful, this salsa takes just minutes to prepare. It’s one of those recipes that will disappear almost as quickly as you can make it.
Each serving has 58 calories, 1 WW Points+ and is Simply Filling.
Chopped mango adds bursts of sweetness so using a ripe mango is really important. Finding a ripe mango is like shopping for avocados or peaches. You want one that will give a little under gentle pressure.
And if you want to know how to cut a mango easily and quickly, I’ve included a video after the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh, ripe cubed mango
- 2 tablespoons, finely chopped red onion
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 to 30 minutes. Before serving, taste and adjust seasonings, including lime juice, herbs, salt and pepper.
*PointsPlus® for this black bean mango salsa calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
How to Cut a Mango:
If you liked this black bean mango salsa you might also like: