Slices of eggplant baked and then topped with sliced fresh tomatoes, diced mozzarella and grated Parmesan, baked again for a few minutes until melty, then topped with fresh basil. You get all the delicious flavors of eggplant parmesan with a lot less fat and calories. It’s much lighter, healthier, and easier than traditional eggplant parmesan too.
I feel like I’ve been on a bit of a “Parmesan” kick recently. Chicken Parmesan and Eggplant Parmesan are two of my all-time favorite dishes. A few weeks ago I made a yummy Weight Watchers version of Chicken Parmesan that was a huge hit.
Skinny on Baked Eggplant Parmesan Melts
The recipe for these easy healthy skinny baked eggplant Parmesan melts is another winner from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury, which has turned out to be my most-used cookbook of the summer.
Serve with a simple green salad and crusty whole-grain bread for a deliciously light and healthy dinner. According to my calculations each serving has 180 calories and *4 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- nonstick cooking spray (preferably olive oil)
- 2 large eggplants, trimmed and cut into ½-inch thick rounds
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella in water, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray or for easy cleanup, first line your pan with foil and then coat the foil with spray.
- Lightly spray both sides of the eggplant slices with cooking spray, then place them on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle on ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Bake in a preheated oven until softened, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange tomato slices on top of the eggplant slices. Evenly sprinkle on the mozzarella cubes, Parmesan and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with basil.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
More Light & Healthy Weight Watchers Friendly Eggplant Recipes:
- Easy Weight Watchers Friendly Ratatouille
- Eggplant Parmigiana (Weight Watchers)
- Lighter Eggplant Parmesan (SkinnyTaste)
- Comfort Food Eggplant Casserole (Everyday Maven)
- Eggplant Parmesan Salad (Everyday Maven)
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.