A simple dish of fiber-rich lentils, fresh mint and creamy goat cheese. I never would have thought of combining these ingredients into a salad if I hadn’t seen the recipe for this Lentil Salad with Mint and Goat Cheese featured in an early June issue of Weight Watchers Weekly.
Since then I’ve been wanting to give it a try. And I’m so glad I did. It’s a really nice change from the usual mayo-based side dishes and salads so popular this time of year.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Lentil Salad with Mint and Goat Cheese
The original recipe calls for cooking a cup of lentils, which isn’t a big deal, but does require 20 to 30 minutes of simmering. I used a package of Trader Joe’s steamed lentils I had in the refrigerator instead, turning this into a simple no-cook lentil salad recipe, perfect for summer.
(I’ve become a big fan of them since receiving a package when a friend was cleaning out her fridge before leaving for the summer, which I used to make a Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad.)
The only other change I made was adding a little dried tarragon. Next time I’m going to experiment with a little red wine or sherry vinegar. I hope you like this simple tasty dish as much as we did.
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) Trader Joe's steamed lentils (2-1/2 cups)
- ¼ cup peeled and coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces semisoft goat cheese, crumbled
- Place the cooked lentils in a large bowl and use your fingers to gently separate them.
- Stir in the onion, mint, and tarragon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Before serving, sprinkle the goat cheese over the top of the salad.
*PointsPlus® for Weight Watchers Lentil Salad with Fresh Mint and Goat Cheese calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this recipe for light and healthy Weight Watchers Lentil Salad with Fresh Mint and Goat Cheese, check out these links:
- Camilla’s lemony lentil and quinoa salad – light, healthy & delicious
- Alanna’s Summer Lentils – another great summer salad lentil salad filled with summer vegetables I can’t wait to try (A Veggie Venture)
- Alice Water’s Simple Lentil Salad – with several variations from her Art of Simple Food cookbook (The Daily Green)
- Lemony Lentil Salad with Salmon – another great no-cook main dish lentil salad (Eating Well)
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!