Dinosaur kale, which is also known as Lacinto kale, isn’t as tough as curly kale so it it works well in raw salads, like this one.
This raw dinosaur kale salad is crunchy, colorful and delicious.
The whole family enjoyed it when I made it recently and I think yours will to.
The dressing adds a flavorful punch that really perks up the vegetables and fruit.
It’s a great healthy alternative to coleslaw, colorful and brimming with Weight Watchers Power Foods.
This easy dinosaur kale salad is inspired by one for rainbow kale slaw I picked up at Whole Foods beside a colorful display of organic local greens that included several kinds of kale, chard and collards.
If you are trying to eat more nutritious foods, kale is really hard to beat. It’s rich in antioxidant nutrients, anti-cancer nutrients and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Did you know that green vegetables are the foods most missing in the modern American diet?
Learning to cook and eat greens, such as kale, is important for healthy living. By nourishing yourself with a variety of leafy greens, you can naturally crowd out less healthy foods that can make you sick, which is something I’ve been trying to do more of lately.
By eating so many fruits and vegetables you automatically have less room for higher calorie foods, without feeling deprived, which is why they mostly have 0 PointsPlus Value on the Weight Watchers Plan! And it’s fun to try new foods and experiment with new recipes too
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale (lacinto kale), thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 naval oranges or clementines, peeled and segmented
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored seeded and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, cabbage, orange, onion, pepper, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, orange juice, vinegar and black pepper. Pour dressing over the kale mixture and toss well to coat everything. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
If You Liked This Dinosaur Kale Salad Here are a Few More Raw Kale Salad Recipes for You…
- Raw Kale Salad with Citrus and Pumpkin Seeds from Dani Spies
- Raw Kale Salad with Pecorino and Lemon found at Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Esalen Kale Salad found at Jane Spice Recipes
- Sesame Kale Salad from Running with Tweezers