Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Fresh Cranberry Relish with Orange, Apple & Walnuts
An easy, fresh and tangy alternative to canned cranberry sauce, I love the fresh flavors in this easy Weight Watchers cranberry relish.
With just 5 ingredients, you can make this no-cook recipe in minutes in your food processor .
Skinny on Weight Watchers Cranberry Relish
I love the fresh tangy flavor of this cranberry relish, but the flavor was a little too tart for me so I increased the sugar to 1/2 cup, which is still a significantly less than the original Ocean Spray version.
It’s a delicious accompaniment to chicken, turkey, pork or fish. I also love it stirred into vanilla yogurt and oatmeal and spread onto turkey sandwiches.
Be sure to use a thin skinned orange. If you are concerned that using the entire orange with its peel will be too strong or bitter, add some fresh orange zest instead. Then remove the peel and white pith before cutting the orange into chunks and adding it to the cranberries.
If you want to give the relish a different spin, try adding chopped cilantro or mint and minced jalapeno pepper. A little chopped fresh ginger is good too. You can make this relish up to 5 days ahead.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 75 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *2 SmartPoints.
WW Cranberry Relish Recipe Optional Additions:
- 1 or 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
Watch this video and see how easy it is to make your own low-calorie cranberry relish recipe at home:
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
If you like this no-cook cranberry relish, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Cranberry Jell-O Salad Made Lighter, Weight Watchers Cranberry Bars, Slow Cooker Apple Raspberry Cranberry Sauce, Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Cake and Cranberry Caramel Slow Cooker Cookie Bars.
Weight Watchers Cranberry Relish Recipe
- 12 ounces fresh, or thawed frozen, cranberries
- 1 thin-skinned orange, unpeeled, cut into large chunks and seeds discarded**
- 1/3 cup sugar, or to taste. (I used 1/2 cup.)
- 1 medium red apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the cranberries, orange and sugar in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the apple and walnuts and pulse a few more times until well incorporated.
- Serve at once, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Source: slightly adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, Fourth Edition
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Cranberry Recipes from my Favorite Weight Watchers Friendly Sites:
- Cranberry Orange Slow Cooker Beets
- Cranberry Pear Sauce
- Simple Homemade Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Cranberry Apple Sauce
- Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
- Cranberry Pear Butter
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Salsa
- Apple and Cranberry Sauce with Crystallized Ginger
- Dried Cherry Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Easy Cranberry Apple Pomegranate Sauce
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!Originally published 11/2014; Updated 11/2016
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!