Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Fresh Cranberry Relish with Orange, Apple & Walnuts
An easy, fresh and tangy alternative to canned cranberry sauce, I love this Weight Watchers cranberry relish. With just 5 ingredients you can make this no-cook recipe in minutes in your food processor.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Cranberry Relish
I love the fresh tangy flavor of this cranberry relish, but the flavor was a little too tart for me so I increased the sugar to 1/2 cup, which is still a significantly less than the original Ocean Spray version. It’s a delicious accompaniment to chicken, turkey, pork or fish. I also love it stirred into vanilla yogurt and oatmeal and spread onto turkey sandwiches.
Be sure to use a thin skinned orange. If you are concerned that using the entire orange with its peel will be too strong or bitter, add some fresh orange zest instead. Then remove the peel and white pith before cutting the orange into chunks and adding it to the cranberries.
If you want to give the relish a different spin, try adding chopped cilantro or mint and minced jalapeno pepper. A little chopped fresh ginger is good too. You can make this relish up to 5 days ahead.
According to my calculations each serving has 75 calories and 2 Weight Watchers Points Plus, 2 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 1 or 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
I used the following kitchen tools to make this recipe:
- 12 ounces fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 thin skinned orange, unpeeled, cut into large chunks and seeds discarded**
- ⅓ cup sugar (or to taste. I used ½ cup)
- 1 medium red apple, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Combine the cranberries, orange and sugar in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the apple and walnuts and pulse a few more times until well incorporated.
- Serve at once or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
**If you are concerned that the flavor from using the entire orange peel will be too bitter, add some fresh orange zest instead. Then remove the peel and white pith and cut the orange into chunks.
Source: slightly adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, Fourth Edition
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
To make this tangy and delicious Weight Watchers Cranberry Relish I used:
Related Recipes from my Favorite Weight Watchers Friendly Sites:
- Slow Cooker Apple Raspberry Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Orange Slow Cooker Beets
- Molded Cranberry Jello Salad
- Weight Watchers Fresh No Cook Cranberry Relish
- Cranberry Pear Sauce
- Simple Homemade Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Cranberry Apple Sauce
- Cranberry-Pineapple Sauce
- Cranberry Pear Butter
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Salsa
- Apple and Cranberry Sauce with Crystallized Ginger
- Dried Cherry Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Easy Cranberry Apple Pomegranate Sauce
Originally published 11/2014; Updated 11/2016
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.