Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Peaches
(102 calories | *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint)
These slow cooker peaches are my answer to the recipes for grilled peaches I’ve been seeing everywhere.
I love the idea of grilled peaches, but not the reality of standing over a hot grill—even for the 5 to 10 minutes required.
I’ll take my slow cooker(s) over the grill any day.
All I can say is YUM! Talk about maximum reward for minimum effort.
Skinny on Low Fat Slow Cooker Peaches
Just cut your peaches in half, remove the pits, and layer them in the bottom of your slow cooker skin side down. Drizzle with a little orange or apple juice, pop in a cinnamon stick and let them cook for several hours.
We enjoyed our warm-from-the-slow-cooker peaches with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. And then again for breakfast with a dollop of thick and tangy Greek yogurt, drizzle of honey, and sprinkling of pistachios.
I’ll definitely be making these slow cooker peaches again this summer. And plan to experiment with nectarines, apricots and plums too.
According to my calculations each generous serving of slow cooker peaches has 102 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *1 WW Freestyle SmartPoint. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Peach Dessert, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Peaches
- 2 pounds peaches
- 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup orange or apple juice
- Greek yogurt or whipped cream (optional for serving)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5- to 6-Quart
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Leave skin on the fruit.
- Lay the peaches skin side down in a single layer in the slow cooker. (It's okay if you need to have a few pieces in a second layer.)
- Snuggle the cinnamon stick down into the fruit. Drizzle the juice over the peaches.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled with yogurt, or cream, if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like slow cooked peaches:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!