WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Lemon Cake
(176 calories | 8 8 8 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you’re a Weight Watcher who can get in trouble in the company of too much cake or have a small family, you may want to consider investing in one.
It’s the perfect size for making half-batch versions of standard 12-cup Bundt cake recipes, like this slow cooker lemon cake, which I adapted from The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes (affiliate link).
Some stores carry packages of cupcake mix (9 ounces) which is the perfect size, but if you can’t find them you can always weigh out half a box of the standard (18.25 ounces) cake mix. (If you’re a Weight Watcher, I’m guessing you have a scale 🙂 )
Skinny on Slow Cooker Lemon Cake
This slow cooker lemon cake uses applesauce in place of oil, so it’s lighter too.
According to my calculations, each little slice has just 176 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this low fat Slow Cooker Lemon Bundt Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Lemon Cake Recipe
- Nonstick spray, for coating the pan
- Flour, for dusting the pan (I like to use the spray with flour in it)
- 1 lemon
- 1 package (9 ounces) plain yellow or vanilla cupcake mix (or half 18.25 ounce cake mix)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon gelatin
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6- to 7-Quart.
- Place a coil of aluminum foil or 3 metal rings from glass canning jars in the bottom of a large slow cooker. (This will act as a trivet for your cake pan to sit on.)
- Lightly mist a 6-cup mini bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, then dust it with flour. Shake out the excess flour and set the pan aside.
- Rinse and pat the lemon dry with a paper towel.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of lemon zest into a large mixing bowl for the cake and set 1 teaspoon aside for the glaze.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice, setting aside 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for the glaze.
- Pour the remaining lemon juice into the mixing bowl with the lemon zest.
- Add the cake mix, dry lemon gelatin, applesauce, hot water and eggs into the mixing bowl with the lemon zest and juice.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes more. (The batter should look thick and creamy.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared mini bundt pan. Smooth out the top with the rubber spatula.
- Place bundt pan in the slow cooker.
- Place a chopstick or wooden spoon handle at one end of the slow cooker to vent the lid. (The slow cooker should be covered but propped open a crack at one end.)
- Bake on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or until, the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Carefully remove the pan from the slow cooker and place it on a rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edges of the cake, shake the pan gently, and invert the cake onto a cake plate.
- To make the glaze, stir together the reserved lemon zest and juice with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add 2 to 3 additional drops of water if it is too thick.
- Spoon the glaze evenly over the warm cake so that it drizzles down the side and into the center.
- Cut into 8 even slices and enjoy warm or let cool completely.
- The cake can be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to one week.
Source: recipe for slow cooked lemon bundt cake adapted fromThe Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes by Anne Byrn
If you like this lemon bundt cake you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!