Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Simple Fat Free Raspberry Sauce
(47 calories | 2 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
There are some flavors that just seem to go together and I’ve been hooked on the combination of chocolate and raspberry since the first time I tasted it decades ago.
So when I decided I needed something to dress up the chocolate pound cake to make it Cake Club worthy, I immediately thought raspberry.
As luck would have it, there was a simple raspberry sauce recipe ready and waiting for me in the Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook: The Best Recipes from Southampton’s Favorite Bakery for Homestyle Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Muffins, and Breads , where it was described as a perfect “adornment to chocolate cakes, brownies or great when splashed over ice cream and fruit.”
Skinny on Simple Raspberry Sauce
With just 3 ingredients (frozen unsweetened raspberries, sugar and an optional splash of Grand Marnier), this no-cook gluten-free raspberry sauce, requires just a quick whiz in a blender or food processor followed by straining with a sieve, which though a bit tedious because of all the seeds, isn’t really all that difficult.
This simple raspberry sauce was the perfect embellishment for the chocolate pound cake. Adding a little scoop of vanilla ice cream to the mix made things even better.
According to my calculations, each serving has just 47 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
This sauce is an “affordable” way to add flavor to most any dessert.
I’ve decided to make this simple raspberry sauce my official go-to adornment for chocolate desserts and most anything else I can think of. I stirred some into my vanilla Greek yogurt this morning at breakfast and as Rachael Ray would say, it was, YUM-O. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Raspberry Sauce, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Simple Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier orange liqueur (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, blend the raspberries and sugar until well combined and as smooth as possible.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a bowl to remove all the seeds. You'll need to press and rub with a rubber spatula until only the seeds are left in the strainer. (This is a little tedious, but worth it for a nice smooth, seedless texture.)
- Stir in the Grand Marnier, If desired.
- Makes 1 cup, which can be covered and stored in the refrigerator up to a day ahead.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Raspberry Recipes
- Skinny Raspberry Squares (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (SkinnyTaste)
- Chocolate Raspberry Yogurt Parfait (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Raspberry Chocolate Cups (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!