WW Recipe of the Day: No-Roll Pat in the Pan Pie Crust
(150 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Do you have an aversion to making pie crust? I do.
I adore eating pie crust, but find the whole process of making it intimidating and time consuming, so I avoid doing it at all costs.
Life is too short to stress over pie crust, so to keep my anxiety levels low I usually stick with the frozen and refrigerated options.
Then I discovered no-roll pat in the pan pie crusts. Talk about a game-changer.
No Roll Pat in the Pan Pie Crusts are the easy-peasy homemade solution—perfect for one crust pies where you don't need a top crust.
All you do is mix together your ingredients and press them into a pan.
Who knew you could make pie crust from scratch without rolling?
Evidently lots of people... A simple Google search will bring back dozens of different recipes and variations for making no-roll pie dough. Some use butter, others use oil.
My recipe of choice is this one from the folks at King Arthur flour, which calls for about 30 percent less oil than most others, and even recommends light olive oil, a heart healthy option. I've used canola oil with good results too.
Skinny on No Roll Pat in the Pan Pie Crust
This no roll pat in the pan pie crust recipe has become an instant favorite. It is tender, tasty, easy and relatively guiltless. What more can a pie crust loving gal ask for?
According to my calculations, each serving has 150 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
What is your go-to pie crust choice? Refrigerated? Frozen? Scratch?
If you've made this No-Roll Pie Crust, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
No Roll Pat In The Pan Pie Crust
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- heaping ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅜ teaspoon baking powder
- 7 tablespoons oil (canola, vegetable, olive oil, peanut, etc.)
- ¼ cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir together the oil and water in a small bowl. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir lightly with a fork, just until blended.
- Pat the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of 9-inch pie pan, crimping the edges around the rim. Thoroughly prick the sides and bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Bake for 18 - 22 minutes, until lightly golden. If the bottom bubbles during baking, pierce it once or twice with a fork.
Source: King Arthur Flour
If you like this easy, no-roll pie crust, you might also like:
- Impossible Low-Fat Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Whole Wheat Soda Bread
- Impossible Banana Bread Pie
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!