WW Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Cherry Clafoutis
(101 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Looking for an easy healthy dessert that works equally well for breakfast?
Look no further than this easy Cherry Clafouti which also happens to be naturally sweetened, low in calories and low in fat.
It’s sweetened with honey which bumps the WW Points a bit, but there are no other added sugars.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Low Fat Cherry Clafoutis?
According to my calculations, each serving has 101 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Cherry Clafouti
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients. Prepare glass baking dish with non-stick spray and preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Wash and remove pits from fresh cherries, or thaw frozen cherries and pat dry.
Allow eggs to come to room temperature.
Step 2: Add cherries to prepared baking dish.
Step 3: In a blender , add the room temperature eggs, milk, honey and almond extract and blend just until mixed. Add the pastry flour and salt and pulse until blended.
Step 4: Pour batter evenly over cherries
and top with sliced almonds.
Step 5: Bake in preheated oven about 45 – 50 minutes, until golden and puffy.
Step 6: Remove to a wire rack to cool for at least 20 minutes.
Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Cut into 12 squares and serve warm.
Cherry Clafoutis Recipe Notes, Variations & Substitutions
As Camilla notes in the original recipe, “Clafouti is a traditional French country dessert that tastes like a cross between a custard or flan and a fruit-filled pancake. Traditional versions use cherries, but any fruit can be used, including apples, berries, sliced pears, peaches, plums or apricots. It will puff up dramatically during baking, then collapse. Let it cool slightly before serving, then chill the leftovers for a delicious breakfast treat the next morning.”
To keep this clafoutis gluten free substitute your favorite gluten free flour blend.
Feel free to use any type of milk to make this clafoutis and to keep it low fat, be sure to choose low-fat, skim or your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk beverage.
Cherry Clafoutis Serving Suggestions
A slice of clafoutis pairs well with a small bowl of yogurt and fresh fruit.
Individually wrap your clafoutis slices for a quick grab-n-go breakfast, or snack, which works well when you’re short on time in the morning.
Ways to Use Leftover Clafouti
This Cherry Clafouti makes a nice leftover breakfast, served warm from the oven, toaster oven or microwave , or at room temperature, or chilled right out of the refrigerator on a warm day.
It can also be enjoyed as a simple dessert all by itself, with a dusting of powdered sugar, or a dollop of whipped topping.
If you’ve made this low calorie Cherry Clafouti, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Cherry Clafouti
- 3 cups pitted fresh or frozen dark cherries (if frozen, thaw and pat dry)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9" square glass baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Add cherries to prepared baking dish.
- In a blender, add the eggs, milk, honey and almond extract, flour and salt. Blend just until mixed.
- Pour egg batter evenly over cherries in the baking dish and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and puffy, about 45 - 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in baking dish on wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving, if desired.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve warm.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla V. Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Low-Fat Cherry Clafoutis, you might also like:
- 4-Ingredient Microwave Apple Pancake Puff
- WW Power Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Greek Yogurt Pudding with Oranges
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pudding
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!