Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy, Cheesy Slow Cooker Ravioli
This easy slow cooker ravioli is a family friendly dinner you can turn to on busy weekends, because it doesn’t take much prep time or effort.
But it’s not the kind of dish you can leave unattended for hours because the pasta will get mushy if overcooked.
I love that the recipe, which I adapted from Slow & Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker, uses mostly ingredients you can store right in the pantry so there’s a good chance you can toss it together without making a trip to the grocery store first.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli
It calls for the little dried ravioli that go right into the crock pot without any pre-cooking.
How easy is that?
The ratio of sauce to pasta seems like too much. But it’s not.
The dried ravioli will absorb much of the sauce and become tender in just a couple of hours.
Served with a simple green salad, this easy slow cooker ravioli, is a deliciously easy way to satisfy a craving for red sauced pasta.
According to my calculations, each serving has about 300 calories and *9 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.
Easy Slow Cooker Ravioli Recipe
- 1 jar (26 ounces) tomato basil marinara or pasta sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 cups dried cheese mini ravioli (about 12 ounces, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or grated Parmesan cheese
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Grease your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl mix together the marinara sauce, tomatoes with their juices, wine, and dried basil.
- Layer about 1-1/2 cups of sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. (Use enough to cover the bottom.)
- Add the uncooked ravioli, distributing them evenly. Cover with the remaining sauce. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, until the pasta is tender. Do not overcook or the ravioli will get mushy. As soon as the ravioli is done, stir in the basil (if using) and transfer to a serving bowl to prevent it from overcooking. (This dish will not hold well on the warm setting.)
- Top with grated cheese.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked easy slow cooker ravioli you might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!