We often make losing weight more complicated than it is. But the truth is that there are lots of easy healthy things you can do every day to move yourself toward your goal.
The key is to point yourself in the direction of what you desire and then take simple steps along the path toward your goal, moving away from mindless eating and becoming more conscious of your habits.
The journey of 1000 miles really does begin with a single step.
There is no magic to being happy, healthy and slim. There's just deciding to take responsibility for your life, your weight and your health.
In the final analysis, it all comes down to deciding what you want and then taking action toward what you want.
Like Nike, says, "Just Do it." You don't have to do all of it at once. But you must begin.
And it helps to change your thinking too.
When you begin adopting the behaviors of woman who are naturally living happy, healthy slim lives, before you know it, you become one of them.
50 Easy Weight Loss Tips to Set You on the Path to Lasting Success
- Take responsibility for your weight, your health and your happiness.
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Refuse to follow other people's rules.
- Enjoy your food.
- Eat lots of fresh fruit.
- Eat lots of fresh vegetables.
- Eat what you really want.
- Don't eat what you don't want.
- Eat slowly.
- Be prepared to throw food away.
- Don't eat "sugar-free," fat-free" foods. Opt for the real thing, in moderation.
- Don't diet. It is a four letter word.
- Make getting enough rest a priority.
- Are not fans of diet soda.
- Seek maximum pleasure with minimal effort.
- Limit high-calorie beverages and high-sugar treats.
- Are stubborn individualists.
- Take the stairs whenever you can.
- Plan your meals in advance.
- Enjoy dining in.
- Walk as much as you can.
- Always try to always look their best.
- Take pride in your appearance.
- Drink lots of water.
- Enjoy a nice glass of wine with dinner.
- Love to experiment with new flavors and spices.
- Eat what's in season.
- Do not confuse mindless munching with pleasure.
- Don't watch much television.
- Invest in you health and happiness.
- Never eat standing up, at the computer, in the car or on the run.
- Avoid fake foods.
- Avoid getting too hungry.
- Rarely eat to past full.
- Limit your snacks.
- Eat regular meals.
- Love chocolate, especially the rich, dark kind.
- Eat reasonable portions.
- Engage in enjoyable exercise.
- Take care of yourself.
- Indulge in guiltless self care.
- Avoid weighing yourself and instead notice how their clothes fit.
- Cook at home.
- Know how to live in and enjoy the moment.
- Love to laugh.
- Love to have fun.
- Have better things to talk about than diets and weight loss.
- Try to avoid food ruts.
- Don't follow food fads.
- Focus on feeling good and savoring life.
If you're currently working on eating better, losing weight or cooking more, I've posted many helpful (I hope) resources through the years, including articles, success stories, recipes, meal plans, ebooks and ecookbooks. I hope they help you reach your goals.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!