Are you looking for light healthy cookies you can enjoy without guilt?
Biscotti are one of my favorite sweet indulgences.
What’s not to like?
They’re easy to make, very satisfying and relatively light and healthy since they’re lower in fat and sugar than most cookies. They’re also usually packed with heart healthy nuts.
Homemade biscotti make a great guilt-free holiday gift. Just place them in cellophane bags tied with pretty ribbon.
Here’s a collection of 13 wonderful healthy low fat biscotti recipes I’ve gathered from all over the ‘net to inspire you.
1) Low Fat Gingerbread Biscotti – One of my favorite holiday cookies. All the flavor of gingerbread in a crunchy satisfying low fat biscotti 90 calories and 2 Points Plus
2) Almond Apricot Biscotti – This twice-baked cookie is a classic with coffee or tea. The whole-wheat and nuts are good sources of manganese (a mineral that helps bone formation) and selenium (an antioxidant important for thyroid hormone function). Just 73 calories and 2 grams of fat. Found at The Mayo Clinic Website.
3) Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti – With just a little bit of butter, these biscotti are a bit less crunchy, which some people prefer. A delicious treat with just 104 calories and 3 Weight Watchers Points Plus. From Gina at Skinny Taste.
4) Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti – Dried cranberries and pistachios combine to make this light and delicious holiday biscotti perfect for gift giving. Found at Best Ever Cookie Collection (My cookie website).
5) Ellie Krieger’s Healthy Honey Pistachio Biscotti – With a combination of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour and olive oil instead of butter these tasty biscotti are hard to beat. Found at the Food Network.
6) Favorite Guilt Free Biscotti – The best almond biscotti from cookbook writer Pam Anderson. Makes a big batch perfect for a party or holiday gifts. Just 43 calories and 1 Weight Watchers Point Plus. From USA Weekend.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
7) Healthy Deep Dark Chocolate Biscotti – This decadent-seeming chocolate biscotti recipe is actually pretty healthy and features good-for-you ingredients like whole-wheat flour, flaxseed, and unsalted almonds. Just 94 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. From Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.
8) Light Lemon Biscotti with Sour Lemon Drizzle – A light and luscious treat for lemon lovers with only 91 calories and 1 gram of fat. From Cooking Light at MyRecipes.
9) Low Fat Pistachio Biscotti– Most traditional Italian biscotti recipes are naturally low in fat since they don’t require butter or oil and this recipe for Low Fat Pistachio Biscotti is no exception.The only source of saturated fat comes from the eggs, which is minimal, especially when you divide the amount among 4 dozen biscotti cookies! Found at Best Ever Cookie Collection.
10) Polenta Biscotti – Delightful with fruit, these crisp golden slices also make a charming partner for a morning caffe latte. And at only 48 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving they’re a dieter’s dream. Found at Eating Well.
11) Pumpkin Cranberry Biscotti – Not as light as some of the others, but full of wholesome ingredients including pumpkin, pecans, raisins and dried cranberries. Found at Best Ever Cookie Collection.
12) Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cherry Biscotti – A winning flavor combination that’s relatively low in sugar so the biscotti are not overly sweet. 3 Weight Watchers Points. Found at The Capitol Baker.
13) Weight Watchers Chocolate Espresso Biscotti – I love the flavor of chocolate and coffee and can’t wait to try these biscotti. I first saw the recipe in my Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook, where 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa is called for and then all over the ‘net including here at We Gotta Eat where the cocoa is decreased to 1/3 cup. Just 28 calories and 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per little cookie.
Bonus: Whole Wheat Butterscotch Biscotti – recipe for a small batch of whole wheat biscotti that bakes up quick and easy from Anna at Cookie Madness. My calculations put them at 109 calories, 6 g fat, 14 g carbs, 1 g fiber and 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
If you’ve never made biscotti before, here’s great step by step instructions and pictures for how to make biscotti from Deborah at Italian Food Forever as well as a fun instructional video from Laura Vitale’s Kitchen.
Do you have a favorite healthy low-fat biscotti recipe to share?
If you liked 13 Healthy Low Fat Biscotti you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.