(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 155)
This creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken pasta really hit the spot when we had it for dinner last night.
I’d been hankering for pasta for a while.
And at about 2:00 I looked at my watch and realized I hadn’t tossed anything into the slow cooker yet.
So, I needed something that would cook in just a few hours.
I adapted this recipe for creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken and pasta from one in Stephanie O’Dea’s great book, 365 Slow Cooker Suppers.
Steph calls it BLT chicken.
And directs you to cook whole boneless skinless chicken breasts for about 6 hours on low, then slice the cooked chicken, stir back into the sauce and serve over pasta.
I decided I could speed things up by cutting the chicken tenders I had in the fridge into bite size pieces.
I then stirred cooked bow-tie pasta in at the end so it would get coated with all the sauce’s tasty creaminess.
Served with a simple mixed green salad, we were both happy campers.
This is another recipe for my make again file.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup cooked bacon crumbles
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups dry bow-tie pasta, cooked according to package directions and added at serving time
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease your slow cooker.
- Cut the chicken tenders into bite-size pieces and place in your slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken pieces with the dry ranch dressing mix.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices and the bacon.
- Break the cream cheese into pieces and place on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, or until chicken is tender. Stir well to blend in the cream cheese.
- Just before serving stir in the cooked bowtie pasta.
Source: adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers
If you liked this recipe for creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken and pasta you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for this creamy slow cooker bacon ranch chicken & pasta calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Today’s food for thought…
“No medicine cures what happiness cannot.”
~ Gabriel García Márquez
Do you have a favorite motivational quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!