(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 143)
I don’t think I’d ever heard of pineapple pudding until seeing it recently on Southern Plate, where it made my mouth water.
So, imagine my delight, when I came across a lighter, easier variation of pineapple pudding for the slow cooker.
It’s got just 5 ingredients, all of them staples in my kitchen.
I was able to toss this easy pineapple pudding together in less than 10 minutes Sunday afternoon.
It thickened up beautifully in just a few hours
The instructions say to serve this pineapple pudding warm with a little scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt, or a dollop of whipped cream.
But, since it was Sunday, I decided to get fancy and give it a southern twist. I made little pineapple pudding parfaits by layering it between a couple of vanilla wafers.
We enjoyed this light and luscious treat while watching Downton Abbey. The perfect way to end a lovely weekend
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- ¼ cup water (I used almond milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 vanilla wafers (for making parfaits, optional)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2-Quart
- Spray the interior of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the pineapple, almond milk, eggs, cornstarch and sugar together in the slow cooker until well blended.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours, until thickened, stirring 2 or 3 times during the cooking if you can.
- Serve warm with a scoop of light vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Or to make parfaits, place 1 vanilla wafer in a small glass or pudding dish. Top with ¼ cup pudding. Repeat with another vanilla wafer and ¼ cup pudding. Top with a little whipped cream and vanilla wafer for garnish. You'll have enough for 4 parfaits.
Source: adapted from Fix-it and Forget-it 5-Ingredient Favorites: Comforting Slow Cooker Recipes
If you liked this recipe for slow cooker pineapple pudding you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker pineapple pudding calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
I love inspirational/motivational quotes. They do for my brain, what delicious food does for my body I thought it would be fun to begin sharing some of my favorites. So, here’s a little food for thought…
“Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
~ Babe Ruth
This is something I have to keep reminding myself. Over. And over. I have a huge fear of making mistakes and of being seen as anything less than perfect. To grow, I know I have to push myself outside of my comfort zone, and give myself permission to fail, make mistakes and look like a fool. It isn’t easy.
This year of crock pot cooking is helping me get comfortable sharing my recipe fails, which is great. Every time I screw up I learn more about crockpot cooking and about myself too.
I’m also a nut for weight loss tips. So, I’m planning to share one of those daily too
“For every deprivation, there is an equal and opposite binge, sooner or later.”
~ Unknown Author
This is exactly why I had to let go of my dieting mentality forever and learn to adjust my lifestyle slowly and steadily to achieve lasting weight loss that I could then maintain. Dieting and deprivation only led to temporary losses, which I always ended up regaining.
Do you have a favorite motivational quote and/or weight loss tip? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!