Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 82)
Tick. Tock. Tick Tock…
Only four days left till Christmas!
Are you ready?
Today I’ve got a fun easy recipe for slow cooker spicy nuts.
There are lots of recipes for spiced nuts floating around on the internet.
Most of them call for a ton of sugar and require a well stocked spice cupboard.
This recipe is different.
You need just 3 ingredients to make these slow cooker spicy nuts: cocktail peanuts, butter and a package of chili seasoning mix.
I found the recipe while browsing through what I think might be the original cookbook dedicated to Crock Pot Cooking: Crockery Cookery: 262 Tested Slow-cooker Recipes by Mable Hoffman. (Published in 1975 it’s full of retro slow cooker recipes, many of which have stood well the test of time.)
Flavorful, with a nice hint of spice, they weren’t too spicy or overpowering. For a bigger kick, you might want to add a little more chili powder or cayenne pepper.
The only change I made was to cut back the butter from 4 tablespoons to 2.
A perfect party snack, these easy slow cooker nuts would also make a great last minute holiday gift, packed little jars, tins, or cellophane bags tied with ribbon.
- 24 ounces cocktail peanuts
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick)
- I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
- Place the nuts in the slow cooker. Drizzle the butter over, then sprinkle on the dry chili mix. Toss well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so. Turn to HIGH. Remove the cover and cook for 10 or 15 minutes more. Serve warm or cool.
I cut back the butter from 4 to 2 tablespoons.
If you liked slow cooker spicy nuts you might also like:
*PointsPlus®for slow cooker spicy nuts calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.