(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 35 – Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal)
With all the flavors of pumpkin pie, this slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal with streusel topping is an easy, healthy, warm and delicious way to start your day.
I can’t seem to get enough pumpkin and apple this time of year. They’re two of my favorite fall foods.
So, today I’ve got another pumpkin recipe: slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal with streusel topping. It’s adapted from this recipe for slow cooker pumpkin coffeecake oatmeal.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
I really enjoyed the Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal, which uses old-fashioned oats, when I made it. This time, I decided to try steel cut oats.
Lots of slow cooker oatmeal recipes call for significant amounts of sugar. I prefer to leave the sugar out and use it on top of my oatmeal where I can really taste it.
The sweet and spicy crunchy streusel topping is what makes this slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal special. You’ll end up with extra streusel which you can save for future bowls of oats
The recipe makes 2 cups of slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal, or 4 (1/2 cup) servings, which is all the oatmeal I want in a single sitting.
If you like a bigger breakfast you can have a full cup with 2 tablespoons of streusel for 6 Points Plus.
- ½ cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3-1/2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
- 3-1/2 tablespoons Grapenuts cereal
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine the oats, apple juice, water, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and salt inside a heat proof baking dish or bowl that will fit inside your slow cooker.
- Place the dish inside your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir and serve sprinkled with 1 tablespoon of streusel topping.
- To make the streusel topping, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Store the extra in a covered container.
Source: Adapted Healthy Slow Cooking
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal you might also like:
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!