(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking, Day 8)
I got the idea for this low fat crock pot peach crisp in one of those Rival Crock Pot cookbooks.
You know the ones with the plastic comb binding that you can usually find in the “Bargain” section of the bookstore?
The short ingredient list and pretty photo caught my eye.
As desserts go, this low fat crock pot peach crisp seemed relatively light and healthy, with oats, no fat and a reasonable amount of sugar.
It seemed easy too. (I made it easier by using defrosted frozen sliced peaches, instead of fresh.)
I guess this low fat crock pot peach crisp, isn’t really a crisp come to think of it. The recipe instructs you to stir everything together, instead of layering the topping over the peaches.
Since Mac was joining us for dinner, I made this low fat crock pot peach crisp gluten-free so he could have some too. We all enjoyed it warm with a little low fat vanilla ice cream for dessert.
And don’t tell, but I ate the leftovers with Greek yogurt for breakfast. At *6 PointsPlus it seemed worth the splurge.
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup buttermilk baking mix (I used Gluten free)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound frozen peach slices, thawed
- Coat a 2 to 3-quart CrockPot with nonstick cooking spray. (I used a 2-quart CrockPot.)
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, brown sugar, baking mix, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in the peaches until well coated. Dump the mixture into the prepared crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours, or until the fruit is tender and bubbly and looks like the juice has caramelized a bit.
- To dry the topping, remove the lid about 30 minutes before the end of cooking, trying to avoid letting any of the condensation from the lid to drip onto the crisp.
- Serve warm with a little light whipped cream or light ice cream, if desired.
If you liked this low fat crock pot peach crisp recipe, you might also like:
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.