Skinny on Lemon Triple Berry FoolI used a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries I had in the freezer with nice results. But feel free to experiment with other berries and/or or juicy fruits. And use whatever citrus juice/zest you think would work best. You can also turn this into the British dessert, Eton Mess, by adding some crushed meringues. We found this skinny lemon triple berry fool light and refreshing, but next time I'm going to skip the optional mint. You may also need a little extra agave/sweetener if you're not in love with the tanginess of plain Greek yogurt. Be sure to taste and adjust the sweetener to suit your tastes before serving. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint (optional, next time I'll skip it)
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey, divided
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, mash the berries wit the mint and 1 tablespoon of the honey.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the yogurt, remaining 3 tablespoons honey, lemon zest, and lemon juice, until smooth and well blended.
- Reserve ½ cup of the berries for topping.
- Gently fold the remaining berries into the yogurt mixture, creating a marbled effect.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to suit your tastes before serving, adding a little more if necessary.
- Divide the mixture evenly among four small glasses or glass dessert dishes. Top with the reserved mashed berries.
- Serve immediately.
Source slightly adapted from 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Links to more Weight Watchers Friendly Berry Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Skinny Strawberry Almond Crumble
- Skinny Strawberry Rice Pudding
- Skinny Strawberry Yogurt Granola Parfaits
- Ellie Krieger’s Light Creamy Ricotta Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
- Skinny Triple Berry Cobbler
- Skinny Raspberry Squares
- Weight Watchers Mixed Berry Crumble (Weight Watchers)
- Enlightened Eton Mess (Enlightened Cooking)
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!