When you want an easy cheesecake, then take an easy recipe for homemade cheesecake bars and embellish it with a jar of blueberry jam and fresh blueberries and what do you get?
A great blueberry cheesecake easy dessert recipe, that’s what!
I’m currently in Florida visiting my Mom and Dad. Flipping through one of Mom’s many cooking magazines a recipe for blueberry cheesecake bars caught my eye.
A quick check of the kitchen confirmed that we had everything we needed make them.
I love cheesecake but sometimes a whole cheesecake is more than we want or need.
That’s where homemade cheesecake bars come in. You get all the great flavor of cheesecake but in a more manageable amount. I lightened the recipe by using a thinner layer of graham cracker crumbs and using a combination of fat free and reduced fat cream cheese.
Cheesecake bars are easier too since they don’t need to be baked in a water bath.
I whipped up a batch of these lovely creamy blueberry cheesecake bars and everyone loved them.
Next time I want to try them with strawberry fruit spread and a cup of chopped fresh strawberries or raspberries and raspberry fruit spread!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 whole graham crackers)
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce package) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar blueberry fruit spread
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs in a 9×13-inch baking pan. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan creating a thin even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheeses with an electric mixer on medium high until creamy. Add sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until creamy and well blended.
- Stir the fruit spread around in the jar until it is spreadable and then spread it evenly over the crust. Sprinkle blueberries over the jam. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set and slightly puffed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before covering with plastic wrap and placing in the refrigerator to chill completely. Cut into 32 bars
More Easy Dessert Recipes