WW Recipe of the Day: Quinoa Oat Granola
I love granola. While homemade always seems to taste better than store-bought, it does take a little effort. But the effort is so worth it.
This simple granola with quinoa, oats, sesame seeds, walnuts, dried cranberries and raisins is crunchy and not overly sweet with comforting fall flavors thanks to the cinnamon and nutmeg.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Quinoa Oat Granola?
According to my calculations, each serving has 177 calories and:
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Quinoa Oat Granola
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Lay parchment paper in a large 13x9-inch baking pan.
Step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the honey, oil, brown sugar, ground flaxseeds, quinoa, sesame seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Stir in the oats.
Step 4: Dump mixture into prepared baking pan and spread in even layer.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Step 6: Add the nuts and stir to mix. Return pan to oven and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
Step 7: Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack until completely cooled.
Step 8: Mix in the cranberries and raisins and store granola in an airtight container.
The baked quinoa in this granola recipe adds a nice crunch. Quinoa is a complete protein which contains all the essential amino acids our bodies need—it also provides more protein than most other grains.
Top your favorite yogurt with this crunchy Quinoa Oat Granola or make a parfait by layering yogurt, granola and fresh fruit.
Spread apple slices with your favorite nut butter and then sprinkle with granola.
Enjoy granola by itself, a nice wholesome snack.
If you've made this crunchy Quinoa Oat Granola, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Quinoa Oat Granola Recipe
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons quinoa
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Lay parchment paper in a large 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey, oil, brown sugar, ground flaxseeds, quinoa, sesame seeds, cinnamon and nutmeg with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the oats.
- Dump mixture into prepared baking pan and spread in even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the nuts and stir to mix. Return pan to oven and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove pan from oven and place on wire rack until completely cooled.
- Mix in the cranberries and raisins and store granola in an airtight container.
Recipe source: WW Veg Power Cookbook 140 recipes to pump up produce, use less meat
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Quinoa and Oat Granola, you might also like:
- Homemade Maple Granola
- Skinny Cranberry Quinoa Pumpkin Granola
- Crock Pot Peanut Butter Granola
- Gluten-Free Rosemary Buckwheat Crunch
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!