WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Broiled Pineapple with Candied Ginger Creme
The latest issue of Weight Watchers Magazine (January/February 2016) has several recipes I can't wait to try.
This one for Broiled Pineapple with Candied Ginger Creme is from an article on getting the most of winter's bounty of fruits and vegetables. A perfect healthy low calorie, low SmartPoints dessert for Weight Watchers!
It was just the inspiration I needed to to peel and core the fresh pineapple that had been sitting on the counter since being grabbed from the grocery store for $0.99 several days ago.
Healthy Broiled Pineapple Recipe Notes
Sweet and juicy, the pineapple would have been delicious topping cottage cheese for breakfast, or cut into chunks for a snack.
But a sprinkling of brown sugar and ground allspice before browning under the broiler made it dessert-worthy.
With just *2 Freestyle SmartPoints, this simple fruit-focused dessert is a great reminder that sweet treats don't have to be chocolate to be good.
If the candied-ginger creme seems a little too strange, top with a tiny scoop, or two, (about ¼ cup total) of your favorite sorbet instead for just 2 SmartPoints.
Next up, I'm looking forward to giving roasted grapes a try.
I think one of the keys to finding happiness on Weight Watcher's New Beyond the Scale Program will be developing a new appreciation for healthy fruit-based desserts.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Pineapple Dessert?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 103 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you like this oven roasted pineapple dessert, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly dessert recipes including Strawberry Waffle Shortcake, Easy Candy Corn Fruit Parfaits, Sugar-Free Sliced Apple "Cookies", WW No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits and Slow Cooker Bananas Foster Lightened Up
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Oven Broiled Pineapple, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Broiled Pineapple with Candied Ginger Creme Recipe
- ¼ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced candied ginger
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 12 even rounds
- 1-½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 large sprigs of mint (optional)
- Set your oven rack about 5 inches from the broiler. Preheat the broiler.
- While the broiler is heating, make the candied ginger creme by stirring together the yogurt and chopped candied ginger in a small bowl until well combined. Set it aside.
- Place 3 slices of the pineapple in each of 4 small (10-inch) oval oven-safe gratin/casserole dishes, overlapping the fruit slightly. Sprinkle evenly with the brown sugar and allspice. (Alternatively you could arrange all the slices in one large casserole dish.)
- Broil the pineapple until bubbling and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Check once or twice to make sure the pineapple isn't getting too dark.
- Remove the pineapple from the oven.
- Top each dish with 1 rounded tablespoon of the yogurt/ginger mixture.
- Garnish with the mint, it using. Serve warm.
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine January/February 2016
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Martha Stewart demonstrates how to make broiled grapefruit:
More Healthy Weight Watchers Friendly Dessert Recipes
- Weight Watchers Microwaved Baked Apple (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- 2-Ingredient Weight Watchers Pineapple Angel Food Cake (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pudding (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Grilled Peaches with Honey & Yogurt (SkinnyTaste)
- WW Fro-Yo Grapesicles (HungryGirl)
- Fruit Crisps (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Cheesy Cinnamon Baked Pears (EmilyBites)
Here's a fun broiled pineapple recipe variation - watch how to make tropical broiled pineapple boats:
Find More Weight Watchers Friendly Fruit Desserts
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply