You know you’re a WeightWatchers geek (like me) when you look forward to the first meeting of the new year because it means you’ll be getting fresh new materials: a new pocket guide and program brochure 🙂
As a Lifetime Member you can attend WW Meetings for free each month you weigh in no more than 2 pounds over your goal weight. It’s a benefit worth taking advantage of. Weighing in monthly keeps you accountable and helps you nip excess weight in the bud. Without this, it’s way too easy for portions to get a little larger, wine pours a little more liberal, snacks a little more frequent. And that’s all it takes for the weight to start creeping back. I know from EXPERIENCE!
I’m happy to report that I dropped 3 of the 4 pounds I had gained at last month’s weigh in! And I feel ready start the new year off right.
Speaking of the new year. What does WeightWatchers 2015 look like?
Weight Watchers 2015: What’s New?
First, once again, US News and World Report has rated Weight Watchers the Best Diet for Weight Loss!!!
I’m happy to report that NOTHING has changed with the WeightWatchers Program in 2015. You still have a daily Points Plus “budget” to spend on food as you like or you can follow the Simply Filling plan if you like the idea of not having to track everything you eat and drink.
The Getting Started Booklet is called, “What to Eat.” It’s a brilliant, concise, photo-filled summary of the Program that includes:
- Explanation of How WeightWatchers works
- List of WeightWatchers Power Foods
- 12 Sample Breakfast Menus
- Mix & Match Breakfast Builder
- 20 Sample Lunch Menus
- Mix & Match Lunch Builder
- 8 Sample Dinner Menus
- Mix & Match Dinner Builder
- 12 Sample Dinners illustrating Proper Portion Sizes
- 5 Things To Do with Black Beans
- 5 Things To Do with Precooked Chicken
- 5 Things To Do with Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
- 5 Things To Do with Supermarket Convenience Foods
- Healthy Restaurant Selections
- Healthy Snack Time Choices
- Smart Splurges
- Explanation of the Simply Filling Technique
- An Index that organizes meals by Simply Filling, Gluten-Free, Lower Carb, Nearly No-Cook, Vegetarian
- Shopping List for Getting Started
What has changed is the way WeightWatchers is going to support you with the Program. They’re calling it:
Customized support, any way you want it.
- Personalized Coaching – A dedicated weight loss coach to assist you via phone and/or e-mail based on your needs and goals.
- 24/7 Expert Chat – You can chat via your phone or computer with an “expert” to help you with the program and your weight loss goals.
Weight Watchers: World of Food & Personal Coaching ad
And they have changed their tagline on Facebook: “Help With the Hard Part.” I think anyone who has ever struggled with their weight knows that the real trick is wrapping your brain around the whole process. We all know what to Do. It’s the Doing that is Difficult. So, this additional support can go a long way toward helping you succeed.
Have you seen the new Weight Watchers videos focusing on “the hard part”??? I really like them. I think they honestly depict the mental challenges we face as we try to lose weight. What do you think?
Weight Watchers: If You’re Happy ad…
When we’re happy, we eat. And when we’re sad, we also eat. And when we’re angry and sleepy and busy and nervous. Cues to eat are everywhere. Our relationship with food is complicated. Weight Watchers is here to help with the hard part.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Weight Watchers: My Butt & Help with the Hard Part ad
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!