Every Saturday I share my Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points here on Simple Nourished Living. It includes what I'm planning to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well a few snack and dessert ideas.
Taking the time to think about what I'm cooking and eating ahead of time makes meal times all week so much easier. With the shopping done and recipes at the ready I can just walk into the kitchen and get cooking. I don't stick to it one hundred percent - life happens, but it helps to have a rough guide. And prevents me from reaching into the cookie jar or open bag of chips too often. Whoever said that failing to plan was planning to fail was spot on!
To keep things simple I tend to rotate between the same one or two breakfasts and lunches the days I eat at home. And because we are a family of two most recipes I make result in leftovers that we are happy to eat again. So, I usually only cook from scratch three or four times a week. We like to eat out a couple of times, usually during the weekend.
If I end up with more food than we can eat, I portion it out, package it up and pop it in the freezer for future quick and easy lunches and dinners.
I hope these posts make it easier for you to stay on track with your weight loss and/or healthy eating goals too.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too. Enjoy!
Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points (Week #32)
This week I'm going to begin the day with a large mug of decaf coffee (0PP) and either:
1. Cottage cheese (4PP) with crushed pineapple (0PP) and blueberries (0PP)
2. Wholegrain frozen waffles (4PP) with sliced strawberries (0PP) and nonfat Greek yogurt (2PP)
I like to keep lunch quick and easy. Limiting my choices makes weight loss/maintenance easier. (Here's research that supports this idea.) I usually eat lunch out a couple days a week, which prevents me from getting to bored.
1. Leftovers from dinner
2. Veggie Burger (2PP) with mustard (0PP), lettuce (0PP) and tomato (0PP) on a toasted english muffin (3PP) with baby carrots (0PP) hummus (2PP)
Because we are a family of two most recipes result in leftovers, so, I only cook from scratch three or four times a week. (We eat out once or twice.)
And because Rod is away this week, I'll be taking it extra easy in the kitchen. I'll buy a roasted chicken Sunday when I shop and use the cooked chicken in a variety of meals all week. What I don't eat I'll pop in the freezer.
1. Skinny Artichoke Spinach Pasta Bake (7PP) and a simple green salad with sliced radishes (0PP) and cherry tomatoes (0PP) and reduced fat balsamic dressing (1PP)
2. Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken (5PP) with brown rice (4PP) and steamed broccoli (0PP)
3. Leftover Skinny Artichoke Spinach Pasta Bake (7PP) and a simple green salad with sliced mushrooms (0PP) and cherry tomatoes (0PP) and reduced fat balsamic dressing (1PP)
4. Omelet with mushrooms, peppers and cheese (6PP) and roasted sweet potatoes (4PP)
5. Rice bowl from leftover Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken (5PP) with brown rice (4PP) and steamed broccoli (0PP)
1. Popcorn (2PP)
2. Apple (0PP) and 1 tablespoon peanut butter (3PP)
2-Ingredient WW pineapple angel food cake (4PP) (I've got individually wrapped pieces in the freezer I'll pull out and defrost as I want them)
If you make one of our recipes, we would love for you to a picture and share it on Instagram. Use the hashtag #simplenourishedliving. We want to see what you are making and would love for you to follow us on Instagram.
And remember, there's a Weight Watchers Meal Plans with Points Section on the blog so you can get inspiration from all of the previous weekly meal plans too.
Have a wonderful week!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!