WW Recipe of the Day: Coconut Hot Cocoa
This week's Weight Watcher's Weekly included a link to this recipe for coconut hot cocoa to celebrate National Cocoa day (which they reported as 12/13, but turns out to be 12/12) that immediately got my attention. I'm a huge fan of both hot cocoa and coconut, but had never thought to combine the flavors.
So in honor of National Cocoa Day, I decided to treat myself to a cup. I ended up making several changes to the original recipe.
I decreased the proportions to make only 1 serving instead of 4. And I used my favorite coconut milk beverage instead of a combination of skim milk and canned light coconut milk.
To kick up the coconut flavor a bit, I added a little coconut extract. And I topped it with a little non-dairy light coconut milk whipped topping and a sprinkle of coconut, since it was a celebration, after all.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Coconut Hot Cocoa?
According to my calculations, each serving has XXX calories and
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you've made this Coconut Hot Chocolate, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Friendly Hot Cocoa to Celebrate National Cocoa Day
- 1-½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk beverage
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light whipped topping (I used Reddiwip non-dairy coconut milk whipped topping)
- Sprinkle of coconut (optional)
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar, water, cocoa and salt. Whisk in the coconut milk beverage and heat on medium, whisking often, until steaming and slightly bubbly around the edges.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the coconut and vanilla extracts.
- Pour into a mug and top with 2 tablespoons light whipped topping and sprinkle of coconut if desired.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cocoa Recipes
- Slow Cooker Caramel Hot Cocoa (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Protein-Packed Brownie Hot Cocoa (Weight Watchers)
- Crock Pot Mint Hot Chocolate Malt (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate (SkinnyTaste)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply