Weight Loss Success Story: Antonietta V.
Read on to discover how Antonietta lost more than 150 pounds and 60 inches and got off all her medications following a keto high fat low carb diet. I love her advice, "To keep focused and trust the process... it is years of behaviors that we must change and conquer. Get a strong support system this isn't a road travelled alone."
Tell Us A Little Bit About Your Weight Struggle
I went from 236 to 322 pounds trying to lose weight... low carb... starvation....diet pills.... working out... calorie restriction... you name it I did it... except I gained almost 100 pounds trying!
What Was Your Wake-Up Call Or "A-Ha Moment" That Caused You To Really Commit Yourself To Succeeding?
I had been on prednisone for the better part of 14 years. For the year prior, up to 60 mg a day was used to treat my eczema.
I was taking 800 mg of naproxen daily and at times 1600 to help my back. The moment the doctor suggested a back surgery (and seeing what my father went through with a failed back surgery), I refused and knew it was time to lose weight.
How Have Your Eating Habits Changed Since Beginning Your Journey? What Did You Eat Before And What Are You Eating Now?
Following a keto way of eating, complete opposite of my lifestyle. Instead of counting calories and grams of fat, I zeroed in on a different approach.
I tried this high-fat diet where meals are comprised of 75% fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbohydrates.
Keto-friendly foods include chicken, fish, red meat, avocados, almond butter, and green leafy vegetables and switched my body from burning glucose—from carbs—to burning ketones, which fat produces for energy. I have found over the last 3.5 years that with keto, I don't feel deprived, everything can be ketofied and it tastes so much better to me.
This worked for me and my body started to change right away.
What Is The Difference In Your Fitness Before You Started And Now?
I literally wake up everyday feeling like I'm 25. I have a mental clarity that can't be explained and I'm not governed by food.
What Has Been The Biggest Change/Payoff For You So Far?
All the health benefits, and I'm no longer on any medications.
How Much Weight Have You Lost? How Long Did It Take You To Lose It?
I'm down 152 pounds and 67 inches over about a 2 year period.
Any Advice and/or Words of Wisdom for Others Who Are Struggling?
Keep focused and trust the process... it is years of behaviors that we must change and conquer. Get a strong support system this isn't a road travelled alone.
My Favorite Recipe Is: Zucchini Alfredo Rollatini
- 1 large zucchini sliced lengthwise into ⅛ inch thick strips
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- ½ pound grilled chicken shredded
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup Parmesan & asiago cheese mix
- 1 egg
- Chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Lay zucchini slices flat in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet . Sprinkle each side with ¼ teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, broccoli & spinach cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan & Asiago mix, egg, basil and garlic; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Spread ½ the Alfredo sauce onto the bottom of a 10-inch oven-proof skillet; set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly along each zucchini slice; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Roll up and place in the prepared skillet; repeat with remaining zucchini slices and filling. Top with remaining Alfredo sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until zucchini rollatini are heated through and the cheese is beginning to brown.
More Weight Loss Success Stories on Simple Nourished Living:
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!