Here’s my weekly weigh in, a recap of what I’ve posted this week, recipes and articles on other websites and blogs that I’ve bookmarked, a brief assessment and reflection of the week, and my plan and motivational quote for the upcoming week.
I find it helpful to pause, assess, and reflect and do a little planning each week.
It helps me keep everything in perspective, while checking to make sure I’m moving in the right direction.
Can you believe it’s June already? It certainly feels like it here with temperatures well into the triple digits.
This month’s Weight Watchers theme is Stay on Track this Summer, where we will be focusing on providing tips and tricks for a fruitful weight-loss season. I think summer is the natural time to lose weight. The long days provide extra time for activity and when the heat rises, my appetite is never as strong, preferring cooling fruits and vegetables, which are naturally low in calories.
But it can provide challenges too, especially if you have lots of parties, barbecues and vacations planned.
Do you think it’s harder or easier to lose weight during the summer? Do you have favorite summer weight loss strategies? I would love to hear about them.
I hope your month gets off to a great beginning.
On Simple Nourished Living This Week:
Orange Spinach Salad Recipe – Spinach, sliced mushrooms, fresh orange sections, and a bit of sliced red onion, tossed with a zippy lime, sesame ginger vinaigrette dressing (3 PointsPlus value)
Quick & Easy Low Fat Asian Slaw with Pineapple – Shredded green and red cabbage, carrots, chopped scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and pineapple tidbits tossed with a zingy low fat bottled Asian vinaigrette (2 PointsPlus value)
Carrie Underwood’s Secret for Staying Slim – She uses one of the same steps prescribed in the Weight Watchers plan. Can you guess what it is?
Weight Watchers Frozen Strawberry Layer Cake – Slices of angel food cake, softened frozen yogurt and homemade strawberry sauce layered in a pan and frozen until firm. (5 PointsPlus value)
What I Bookmarked This Week:
Weight Watchers friendly recipes and tips from other blogs and websites that I liked and found helpful and thought you would too:
Prosecco Soaked Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries (2 PoinsPlus value each) – I can’t wait to try these the next time I’m celebrating something special (Everyday Maven)
Grilled Eggplant with Tomatoes & Feta (3 PointsPlus value) – Perfect for a summer meatless Monday Menu (Laaloosh)
White Wine Marinated Strawberries – a great light & simple summer dessert (Three Many Cooks)
Your Workout Could Be Wrecking Your Weight Loss Plan – Interesting read as I’ve had similar experience (The Stir)
Low Fat Strawberry No Bake Cheesecake (6 PointsPlus value) – looks quick & easy (SkinnyTaste)
Spinach Salad with Maple Dijon Vinaigrette from Cooking Light (MyRecipes)
The Good & Not So Good This Week:
- I was so busy with Weight Watchers I didn’t get my Simple Nourished Living Newsletter out, again 🙁
- I weighed in this month down 1.8 pounds! (I love Weight Watchers and Simply Filling 🙂
- Met my goal of trying 2 new healthy recipes: Frozen Strawberry Layer Cake and Orange Spinach Salad
- Met my activity goals of walking Francie 6 days and getting on my yoga mat most days
- I did better tracking my food and drink intake this week, and skipped the evening glass of wine 2 nights. It paid off when I weighed in this month (see above)
- I ate lunch at home more this week, which always makes it easier for me to stay on track. Had a delicious lunch out on Thursday where I enjoyed the yummy Mediterranean Chicken Salad from Pita Jungle, a great place for eating fresh and healthy.
- Am taking 10 to 15 minutes each morning to read something inspirational. On my beside table: The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be, Convince Them in 90 Seconds or Less: Make Instant Connections That Pay Off in Business and in Life, The Astonishing Power of Emotions: Let Your Feelings Be Your Guide.
My Expectations and Plans for the Coming Week:
- Take Saturday evening and Sunday morning off far far away from the computer.
- Prep on Sunday afternoon for next week’s Weight Watchers Meetings. This week’s topic is on setting realistic, achievable goals for summer.
- Track my food and activity everyday.
- Walk Francie for 30 minutes at least 6 days this week and spend at least 20 minutes on my yoga mat at least 4 days.
- Try at least 2 new healthy recipes.
- Blog at least 4 days.
- Send out my monthly Simple Nourished Living Newsletter!
- Begin compiling recipes for my next e-cookbook.
Quote For the Week:
“A goal is a dream with a deadline.” – Napolean Hill
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!