Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast
(130 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
As soon as I saw this easy, healthy slow cooker recipe I knew I was looking at a winner. I was right.
And it’s so simple too…
Lean pork simmered in tomatoes, Italian spices and Parmesan until fork tender.
Did I mention that the sauce is absolutely delectable?
Skinny on Italian Crockpot Italian Pork Roast Recipe
What made this Italian Slow Cooker Pork Roast a winner?
It’s healthy and Weight Watchers friendly, with only *3 SmartPoints per serving.
It’s really easy. Fix-it and Forget-it easy. And it smells amazing.
It’s delicious and family-friendly. At least it was with my family.
According to my calculations, each serving (3 ounces pork with 1/2 cup sauce) has 130 calories, *3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe Variations:
Instead of Pork Roast – substitute lean pork chops, beef roast, or chicken thighs (I like boneless, skinless)
More Vegetables – onions, peppers and mushrooms would all be tasty
Vegetarian – substitute white beans, garbanzo beans or lentils for the pork
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Italian Pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork roast (sirloin or tenderloin)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (substitute 3 to 4 cloves fresh minced garlic if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 5-Quart
- Place the pork in the slow cooker.
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, parsley, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper and pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is fork tender.
Source: adapted from New Leaf Wellness
Here’s a video from AllRecipes showing a similar recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops Cacciatore which also looks delicious:
More Weight Watchers friendly Italian pork recipes:
- Italian Pulled Pork for Instant Pot – Slow Cooker – Stovetop (SkinnyTaste)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop (Slender Kitchen)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork & White Bean Stew (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto & Mozzarella (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Braised Beef (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!