Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast
(130 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
As soon as I saw this easy, healthy slow cooker recipe I knew I was looking at a winner. I was right.
And it’s so simple too…
Lean pork simmered in tomatoes, Italian spices and Parmesan until fork tender.
Did I mention that the sauce is absolutely delectable?
Skinny on Italian Crockpot Italian Pork Roast Recipe
What made this Italian Slow Cooker Pork Roast a winner?
It’s healthy and Weight Watchers friendly, with only *3 SmartPoints per serving.
It’s really easy. Fix-it and Forget-it easy. And it smells amazing.
It’s delicious and family-friendly. At least it was with my family.
What Should I Serve with this Skinny Italian Style Slow Cooker Pork?
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Easy Italian Crock Pot Pork Roast?
According to my calculations, each serving (3 ounces pork with 1/2 cup sauce) has 130 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe Variations:
Instead of Pork Roast – substitute lean pork chops, beef roast, or chicken thighs (I like boneless, skinless)
More Vegetables – onions, peppers and mushrooms would all be tasty
Vegetarian – substitute white beans, garbanzo beans or lentils for the pork
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Italian Pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork roast (sirloin or tenderloin)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (substitute 3 to 4 cloves fresh minced garlic if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 5-Quart
- Place the pork in the slow cooker.
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, parsley, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper and pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is fork tender.
Source: adapted from New Leaf Wellness
Here’s a video from AllRecipes showing a similar recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops Cacciatore which also looks delicious:
More Weight Watchers friendly Italian pork recipes:
- Italian Pulled Pork for Instant Pot – Slow Cooker – Stovetop (SkinnyTaste)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop (Slender Kitchen)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork & White Bean Stew (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto & Mozzarella (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Braised Beef (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!