Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast
As soon as I saw this easy, healthy slow cooker recipe I knew I was looking at a winner. I was right.
And it's so simple too...
Lean pork simmered in tomatoes, Italian spices and Parmesan until fork tender.
Did I mention that the sauce is absolutely delectable?
Skinny on Italian Crockpot Italian Pork Roast Recipe
What made this Italian Slow Cooker Pork Roast a winner?
It's healthy and Weight Watchers friendly, with only *3 SmartPoints per serving.
It's really easy. Fix-it and Forget-it easy. And it smells amazing.
It's delicious and family-friendly. At least it was with my family.
What Should I Serve with this Skinny Italian Style Slow Cooker Pork?
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Italian Crock Pot Pork?
According to my calculations, each serving (3 ounces pork with ½ cup sauce) has 130 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe Variations:
Instead of Pork Roast - substitute lean pork chops, beef roast, or chicken thighs (I like boneless, skinless)
More Vegetables - onions, peppers and mushrooms would all be tasty
Vegetarian - substitute white beans, garbanzo beans or lentils for the pork
If you've made this Italian Pork, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Slow Cooker Italian Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork roast (sirloin or tenderloin)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (substitute 3 to 4 cloves fresh minced garlic if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4 to 5-Quart
- Place the pork in the slow cooker.
- Combine the tomatoes, cheese, parsley, garlic, basil, oregano and pepper and pour over the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the pork is fork tender.
- Instead of Pork Roast - substitute lean pork chops, beef roast, or chicken thighs (I like boneless, skinless)
- More Vegetables - onions, peppers and mushrooms would all be tasty
- Vegetarian - substitute white beans, garbanzo beans or lentils for the pork
Source: adapted from New Leaf Wellness
Here's a video from AllRecipes showing a similar recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops Cacciatore which also looks delicious:
More Weight Watchers Pork Recipes:
- Italian Pulled Pork for Instant Pot - Slow Cooker - Stovetop (SkinnyTaste)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork and White Beans (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop (Slender Kitchen)
- Italian Slow Cooker Pork & White Bean Stew (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto & Mozzarella (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Braised Beef (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- The Best Weight Watchers Crock Pot Pork Recipes
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!