Coffee and chocolate lovers rejoice over this easy chocolate dessert you can make in your microwave in minutes!
Dark unsweetened cocoa powder and instant coffee combine to make this deliciously decadent Chocolate Mocha Mug Cake that serves one and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plain nonfat Greek yogurt and an egg white give this healthy low calorie chocolate mug cake a protein boost while whole wheat flour adds to the fiber content.
Perfectly portion controlled single serving low calorie mug cakes & desserts like this can be a dessert loving Weight Watchers best friend....
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Mocha Mug Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 182 calories.
How to Make Microwave Mocha Cake Mug
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Spray a microwave-safe mug, or bowl, with baking spray. In the mug, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Add coffee powder to a small bowl and dissolve in 2 tablespoons hot water.
Step 4: Stir the coffee, egg white, yogurt and vanilla into the flour mixture until well mixed and all dry ingredients have been incorporated into the wet ingredients—be sure to scrape up from the bottom of the mug when mixing.
Step 5: Fold 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips into the cake batter. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips (1 teaspoon) over the top.
Step 6: Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. If cake is not set, continue cooking in 15 second increments until done.
Step 7: Allow cake to cool for at least 5 minutes (or to room temperature) before topping with any extra toppings. (Some favorite topping ideas include: fresh fruit—blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries; whipped topping, caramel sauce, powdered sugar, sprinkles, small scoop of ice cream, etc.) Enjoy right from the mug!
Your cook time may vary depending on the strength of the microwave used.
Use your favorite instant coffee or espresso powder to make this small batch dessert. You can find it in single-serve packets and multi-serve jars. If using packets, 1 packet is equal to about 2 teaspoons.
Satisfy your sweet craving by enjoying this cake plain or with your favorite topping: fresh fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.), chopped nuts, lite whipped topping, a small scoop of nonfat frozen yogurt or ice cream, jimmies or sprinkles, etc.
If you've made this single serving microwave mug cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Microwave Mocha Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons white wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 packets zero calorie sweetener (I used Truvia)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons mini chocolate chips
- fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries), whipped topping, powdered sugar, sprinkles, etc.
- Spray a microwave-safe mug, or bowl, with baking spray. In the mug, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder until thoroughly combined.
- Add coffee powder to a small bowl and dissolve in 2 tablespoons hot water.
- Stir the coffee, egg white, yogurt and vanilla into the flour mixture until well mixed and all dry ingredients have been incorporated.
- Fold 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips into the batter. Sprinkled the remaining chocolate chips (1 teaspoon) over the top.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH. If cake is not set, continue cooking in 15 second increments until done.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 5 minutes before topping with any extra toppings. Enjoy right from the mug!
Recipe source: Hungry Girl Magazine , Fall 2021
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Chocolate Chip Mocha Microwave Cake, you might also like these healthy mug cake recipes:
- Skinny 3-2-1 Microwave Cake Mug
- Easy 3-Ingredient Pineapple Mug Cake
- Black Forest Microwave Mug Cake
- Gluten-Free No Cake Mix Mug Cake
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!