Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies
Soft, spicy, dark, sweet and chewy, these pumpkin quinoa cookies are winners in my book.
I can’t seem to get enough pumpkin-flavored foods this time of year and have a long list of pumpkin recipes accumulating on the counter.
So, when the cookie craving struck recently, instead of turning to one of my standby healthy pumpkin cookie recipes, I decided to give this one for pumpkin quinoa cookies a try.
Since it comes from one of my favorite cookbook writers (Camilla Saulsbury) I was pretty confident these pumpkin quinoa cookies would be great.
It’s the first recipe I’ve tried from her latest cookbook: 500 Best Quinoa Recipes: 100% Gluten-Free Super-Easy Superfood, that she was kind enough to send to me.
Using quinoa flour, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil, these pumpkin quinoa cookies stir together in minutes, making them as easy to make as they are delicious to eat.
In her headnote, Camilla is correct in calling these “crowd-pleasing pumpkin cookies.”
They sure were around here. Enjoy!
- 1-1/3 cups quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup dark molasses or liquid honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and molasses until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 (being sure to use cool baking sheets) with the remaining cookie dough.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked these low fat pumpkin quinoa cookies, you might also like:
- My post with a roundup of healthy low-fat pumpkin cookie recipes and helpful videos
- My post and recipe for 2-ingredient skinny chocolate pumpkin muffins and cookies
- These pumpkin raisin hermits are on my list to try soon (Weight Watchers)
- A fun looking no-bake pumpkin oatmeal cookie (Snack Girl)
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Chocolate Glaze (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.