Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Gluten Free Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies
(68 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Soft, spicy, dark, sweet and chewy, these pumpkin quinoa cookies are winners in my book.
I can't seem to get enough pumpkin-flavored foods this time of year and have a long list of pumpkin recipes accumulating on the counter.
So, when the cookie craving struck recently, instead of turning to one of my standby healthy pumpkin cookie recipes, I decided to give this one for pumpkin quinoa cookies a try.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
The Skinny on Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies
Since it comes from one of my favorite cookbook writers (Camilla Saulsbury) I was pretty confident these pumpkin quinoa cookies would be great.
It's the first recipe I've tried from her latest cookbook: 500 Best Quinoa Recipes: 100% Gluten-Free Super-Easy Superfood, that she was kind enough to send to me.
Using quinoa flour, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil, these pumpkin quinoa cookies stir together in minutes, making them as easy to make as they are delicious to eat.
And you could always substitute your own freshly homemade pumpkin puree for the canned - to jazz these cookies up even more!
In her headnote, Camilla is correct in calling these "crowd-pleasing pumpkin cookies."
They sure were around here.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Gluten Free Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies?
According to my calculations each cookie has 68 calories and
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Pumpkin Quinoa Cookies Recipe
- 1-⅓ cups quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup dark molasses or liquid honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and molasses until well blended.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Gently stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies are just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 (being sure to use cool baking sheets) with the remaining cookie dough.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked these low fat pumpkin quinoa cookies, you might also like:
- My post with a roundup of healthy low-fat pumpkin cookie recipes and helpful videos
- My post and recipe for 2-ingredient skinny chocolate pumpkin muffins and cookies
- These pumpkin raisin hermits are on my list to try soon (Weight Watchers)
- A fun looking no-bake pumpkin oatmeal cookie (Snack Girl)
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Chocolate Glaze (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!