I'm a big fan of Jennifer L. Scott, creator of the The Daily Connoisseur. I discovered the New York Times Best Selling author of Lessons from Madame Chic on YouTube several years ago while researching capsule wardrobes and have been following as she "explores the fine art of living" ever since.
Image credit: The Daily Connoisseur
As someone who has whole heartedly embraced intermittent fasting, I've watched with keen interest as the elegant mom of four successfully lost 30 post baby weight pounds doing the 16:8 method of intermittent fasting.
In this insightful video she shares her experience.
This is my summary of the video. My notes are casual and are a mix of quotes from the video, my own thoughts and key lessons.
- 40 year old mother of four young children who wanted to focus on losing the baby weight.
- Chose intermittent fasting because she refused to deprive herself with a traditional restrictive diet. She didn't want to cut out specific foods or count calories.
- She follows the 16:8 method of fasting.
- Her goal was to lose 10 to 15 pounds. After one year she is back to 116 pounds which was her natural weight in her 20's. She lost 29 pounds. She feels that through the process her body went back to where it was happiest.
- It was really hard in the beginning. She had severe evening cravings. Eventually they went away.
- She plans to continue to do the intermittent fasting even though she has lost all the weight she wants because of the other health benefits she has experienced. This way of eating reminds her of the way she ate in France during a semester abroad in college.
- Other benefits: She feels good. Good energy. No bloating. No stomach aches. Clarity of mind. More focused. Better sleep.
- Appetite has been reset. Food doesn't rule her life any longer. She still enjoys her food. Eats high quality food. No cravings for junk food.
- Typical day of eating: largest meal is at lunch. Afternoon tea and a little treat. Smaller Dinner. Sometimes breakfast, but not always hungry.
- Biggest shift is no nighttime snacking. She takes joy in her food. It doesn't feel like punishment.
More of Jennifer's Intermittent Fasting Videos
IF 18 Month Update Video
IF - Jennifer's What I Eat In a Day Examples
Intermittent Fasting and Portion Sizes
More Weight Loss Success Stories on Simple Nourished Living:
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!