I didn’t make my usual blueberry smoothie this morning because I was craving something a little different – actually something more dessert-like.
For the past week or so I’ve been following David Zinczenko’s 8-Hour Diet, so today’s smoothie (which I didn’t have until 11:30am), really hit the spot. It tasted great and was actually the first thing I had to eat today.
I am planning to do a more in-depth article about my experience with The 8 Hour Diet, so be on the lookout for that.
Recently, I had purchased some lovely Medjool dates (which I love in any form), and I have been wanting to try them in a smoothie, so today was my lucky day.
The Skinny on Peter’s Decadent Date Smoothie
I didn’t want a super-huge drink, just enough for two small servings. I started with 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk beverage, 1 banana, and 4 pitted and chopped Medjool dates.
I blended that well in my Vitamix until it was smooth and very creamy.
Next I added 2 teaspoons of Nutella and about 1 cup of ice. I blended it again until it reached a smooth and drinkable consistency.
According to my calculations, this smoothie has about 154 calories and 4* Weight Watchers PointsPlus per 1 cup serving.
Decadent Date Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup unsweetened Coconut milk beverage
- 1 banana
- 4 dates pitted and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Nutella
- 1 cup ice
- Using a high-powered blender, add coconut milk, banana and dates and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Add Nutella and ice and blend until desired consistency is reach. Serve and enjoy.
Date Smoothie Recipe Roundup
- Bali Banana Date Smoothie from SkinnyTaste
195 calories and 5 PointsPlus per serving
- Creamy Date Smoothie from Real Simple
270 calories and 7* PointsPlus per serving
- Vanilla-Date Breakfast Smoothie from Epicurious
459 calories and 12* PointsPlus per serving
- Almond Date Banana Smoothie from Pastry Affair
404 calories and 11* PointsPlus per serving
- Banana Date Smoothie from Meatless Monday
262 calories and 7* PointsPlus per serving
- Honeyed Peach and Date Smoothie from Simply Scratch
149 calories and 4* PointsPlus per serving
- Coco Banana Date Shake from Sprouted Kitchen
218 calories and 6* PointsPlus per serving
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
*PointsPlus® for decadent date smoothie calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.