Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
I’ve had cake mix cookie ice cream sandwiches on my mind ever since I saw Anna’s Lemon Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies on Cookie Madness last week.
With one box of Pillsbury Orangesicle Cake Mix left in the pantry, it seemed like the perfect time to try orange cake mix cookie ice cream sandwiches with low-fat vanilla ice cream.
I also thought about using orange sherbet for a double dose of orange, but that would have required a trip to the grocery store. So I stuck with orange and vanilla, creating cake mix cookie ice cream sandwiches that tasted just like a Creamsicle!
The Skinny on Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
To keep the calories down, I made my cake mix cookies with 1-inch balls of cookie dough. To make them larger roll the dough into 20 balls instead of 36.
Using Dreyer’s Slow Churned Light Ice Cream, each of these cake mix cookie ice cream sandwiches has 191 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Orangesicle Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Cake Mix Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 box (18.25 ounces) cake mix (I used Orangesicle)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Low-Fat Vanilla Ice Cream, softened (2 tablespoons per sandwich)
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl, beat together the dry cake mix, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place them about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake just until the edges are set and the center is still a little soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheets for 1 minute before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough, being sure that cookie sheets are cool before using them again.
- Place 2 cookies for each ice cream sandwich you want to make in the freezer to harden.
- Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- Turn one cookie over and place one to two little scoops of the ice cream (about 2 tablespoonfuls) onto the bottom of the cookie.
- Place another cookie (right-side-up) on top of the ice cream and squeeze them together a bit to push the ice cream to the edges. Eat immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag to enjoy later.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Orange Creamsicle Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches you might also like:
- Easy Orangesicle Bundt Cake
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Making Cookies from Cake Mix
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!