Here’s a quick and easy pear upside-down cake. Highly rated on the Betty Crocker website, it’s a variation of the pineapple upside-down recipe from the Betty Crocker Ultimate Bisquick Cookbook which dates back to the 1950s.
I decided to give this pear upside-down cake recipe a try recently. Using Bisquick made it really quick and easy to make and it turned out of the pan perfectly. But as I cut into it, I couldn’t help but think that it smelled a lot like pancakes. And after taking a bite, can you guess what Rod said? “This tastes like a pancake, but in a good way – Light and fluffy.” Upon finishing his piece, he declared it “good” and enjoyed a warmed up slice for dessert the following night.
While, I liked the texture of this quick and easy pear upside-down cake, I couldn’t get beyond the fact that it reminded me just a little too much of pancakes. It would be a delicious as a decadent breakfast, but not dessert.
Since I love the idea of upside down cake, next time I will try this delicious Skinny Vanilla Buttermilk Cake recipe for the cake batter instead.
Betty Crocker Quick & Easy Pear Upside Down Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large pear, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Heat oven to 350F degrees. In a 9-inch round cake pan, melt the butter in the oven. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter. Arrange the pear slices in a single layer on the sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, stopping at least once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally to be sure everything is mixed well.
- Pour the batter over the pears.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place a heatproof serving plate over the pan and then flip upside down, leaving the pan over the cake for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan. Let the cake stand at least 10 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cake Recipes
Healthy Harvest Apple Cake
Healthy Low Fat Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
Easy Lighter Homemade Pound Cake from Scratch
Banana Chocolate Swirl Cake
Skinny Vanilla Buttermilk Cake
5-Ingredient Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Weight Watchers)
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!