WW Recipe of the Day: Beer Braised Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
(320 calories | *13 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
This beer-braised corned beef is slow cooking at its best. Everything – main dish and sides – cook together for a meal you’ll anticipate all day. The ultimate one pot meal, it is a St. Patrick’s Day classic I’m happy to eat any time of year!
I’m definitely a fan of corned beef, even though it’s a WW splurge.
Mom always makes her corned beef and cabbage on the stove top, so for many years I carried on the tradition.
But since I’m always looking for ways to make things quicker, easier and simpler, for the past few years I’ve been experimenting with different slow cooker corned beef and cabbage recipes instead. I’m so glad I did.
If you’ve made this Beer-Braised Corned Beef Dinner, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Beer Braised Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 4 medium red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (3-pound) corned beef brisket, juices and spices reserved
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and cut into wedges
- 12 ounces light beer
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6 to 7-Quart oval.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, onions in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with the thyme and add the bay leaf.
- Trim any excess fat from the meat. Place the meat on top of the vegetables. Pour reserved juices and spices from the brisket and the beer over the mixture.
- Lay the cabbage wedges around and on top of the meat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and discard. Transfer meat to a serving platter and thinly slice across the grain. Using a slotted spoon transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl. Serve the meat and vegetables with reserved cooking liquid if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Corned Beef Slow Cooked with Beer, you might also like:
- Corned Turkey and Cabbage (SkinnyTaste)
- Leftover Corned Beef Soup (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Reuben Wonton Cupcakes (EmilyBites)
- Turkey Reuben Sandwich (MealPlanningMommies)
- Light & Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for WW (Simple-Nourished-Living)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!