vegetable crock pot pizza
Author: Simple Nourished Living
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 package (11 to 14 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used jarred tomato basil marinara sauce)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- your favorite vegetable toppings such as onions, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli florets, artichoke hearts, halved cherry tomatoes (I used broccoli florets, mushroom slices, and chopped red bell pepper)
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. (I used my 6-quart oval slow cooker.)
- Unroll the dough and place it on the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread it out, pressing it with your fingers, so it comes up on the sides about an inch or so.
- Spread the sauce out evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the sauce with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Scatter your vegetable toppings evenly over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the crust begins to brown around the edges.
- Uncover, being careful not to let the condensation on the lid drip onto the pizza.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- You should be able to lift the pizza out of the slow cooker with two spatulas.
- Cut into 8 pieces.
Nutritional Estimates per each pice of vegetable crock pot pizza: 174 calories, 5 g fat, 26 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein and *5 PointsPlus
Recipe by Simple Nourished Living at http://simple-nourished-living.com/2013/10/vegetable-crock-pot-pizza/