(Healthy Crock Pot Recipes #218 – Crock Pot Taco Fillings)
Summer always puts me in the mood for tacos. It must be something about the heat and humidity that reminds me of Mexico.
They are the perfect summer food, especially when you use your slow cooker to make the filling. Then you can use the leftovers to make burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, crunchy lettuce wraps or tasty salad toppings.
I scoured my favorite food blogs and websites to compile this collection of easy healthy tasty crock pot taco fillings and calculated the Weight Watchers Points Plus to make it easier to stay on track.
Chicken Crock Pot Taco Fillings
1. Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Chicken Taco filling from Nutritionist in the Kitch. A perfect healthy interpretation of a not-so-healthy classic. 210 calories and *5 WWPP per taco.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Black Bean Taco Filling from Five Heart Home. A filling of tender shredded chicken, black beans, corn, and your favorite toppings make for an effortless taco night since the slow cooker does all of the work. This crock pot taco filling will work with WW Simply Filling.
3. Crock Pot Chicken Ranch Taco Filling from LaaLoosh. Toss a few ingredients in your slow cooker and several hours later you will have moist and yummy chicken taco filling you can use any multitude of ways. 6 WWPP.
4. 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Taco Filling from Two Healthy Kitchens. In just five minutes these delicious chicken tacos are in the crock-pot and cooking away. How easy is that? Works with Simply Filling.
5. Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken from Slender Kitchen. This crock pot taco filling couldn’t be easier – a jar of salsa, some chicken, and 4 hours later a delicious, healthy meal that tastes better than you could ever imagine with 164 calories and 4 WWPP.
Beef & Pork Crock Pot Taco Fillings
6. Slow Cooked Pork Tacos from Taste of Home. Pork, red bell pepper, dried apricots and lime juice give this light and tasty taco filling recipe a Cuban twist. Add to my list of “Must Try” recipes with 300 calories and *7 WWPP.
7. Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Beef – In addition to making delicious restaurant quality tacos, this crock pot salsa beef would be delicious in burritos, enchiladas or quesadillas. To keep it lean I used a rump roast instead of chuck, which is tasty too, but higher in fat. Each serving has 152 calories and *4 WWPP.
8. Slow Cooker Chipotle Beef Taco Filling from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. The key to keeping this easy tasty recipe light and healthy is to use at least 95% lean ground beef which has *3 WWPP per 3 ounce serving.
9. Crock Pot Korean Beef Tacos from Slender Kitchen. A simply delicious crock pot version of Asian tacos low in points and calories. 208 calories and 5 WWPP.
10. Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Filling from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Simply put the ground meat in the slow cooker with some seasoning and turn it to low. How easy is that? 233 Calories and *6 WWPP per serving.
11. Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos from Emily Bites. These pulled pork tacos are so flavorful and easy to make with just the right amount of spice and sauce-to-meat ratio. 7 WWPP.
12. Mexican Crock Pot Pork Carnitas from SkinnyTaste. An amazing pork recipe for the crock pot, easy, healthy and delicious. Coming home from work and smelling this when you walk in the door is heavenly. 176 calories and 4 WWPP.
Vegetarian Crock Pot Taco Fillings
(Image Credit: Vegan in the Freezer)
13. Slow Cooker Vegan Chipotle Tacos from Vegan in the Freezer. Get the ingredients all together, put them in the crock pot, turn it on and that is it. After the cooking time has ended all you need to do is spoon it down the middle of a taco shell and eat it up. Works with Simply Filling.
14. Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling from Healthy Slow Cooking. Slow Cooker Vegan Lentil Quinoa Taco Filling from Healthy Slow Cooking sounds like the start of a perfect Meatless Monday dinner. Each serving of filling (without the shell) has just 49 calories and *1 WWPP.
15. Slow Cooker Potato Tacos from She’s Cookin – Instead of a handful of cheese, these vegetarian, gluten free low fat, low calorie tacos are topped with a fruity salsa for a tropical twist.
What’s your favorite taco? Have you ever used your crock pot to make taco fillings?
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker taco fillings calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.