(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 88)
I made this easy, delicious honey mustard orange slow cooker spiral cut ham for Christmas Eve with the family.
In the past, I’ve always baked ham in the oven according to the package directions, occasionally using the sugary glaze that comes with the ham and sometimes making one from scratch.
But of course, this year I wanted to make it a slow cooker spiral cut ham.
So I adapted this recipe for Citrus Honey Ham from A Year of Slow Cooking.
Since we eat it so rarely, ham is always a treat. This honey mustard orange slow cooker spiral cut ham didn’t disappoint. It was easy and delicious.
Just be careful not to overcook it. Because the ham is already fully cooked, you only need to warm it up. If you cook it can easily dry out.
- 1 (6-to-7-pound) bone-in spiral cut fully cooked ham
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup ginger ale
- You’ll need a large a (6 to 7-quart slow cooker).
- Unwrap the ham and place it in your slow cooker (flat side down).
- Discard the flavor packet.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, ginger, cloves, cinnamon and orange juice. Rub the mixture all over the ham.
- Pour ginger ale evenly over the top of the ham.
- Cover. (If your lid won’t fit, make one from heavy duty aluminum foil, wrapping it tightly around the top of your slow cooker.)
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the ham is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from the slow cooker and let stand on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Since the ham is already fully cooked, you are only warming it, not cooking it, so less time is best to prevent drying it out.
Source: A Year of Slow Cooking
If you liked slow cooker spiral cut ham you might also like:
*PointsPlus® for slow cooker spiral cut ham calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.