(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking, Day 23)
Here’s a super simple 3 ingredient slow cooker chicken recipe that cooked up moist and flavorful.
I’m a sucker for those little cooking magazines at the grocery store check out counters.
So, when I saw one last week titled, “Slow Cooker So Easy!” from the folks at Prevention I decided I had to bring it home with me. The cover promised 33 No-Fail recipes (with nutrition information to make calculating Weight Watchers Points Plus that much easier).
This 3 ingredient slow cooker chicken is the first recipe I’ve tried.
It certainly lived up to its title: Easiest Chicken.
This 3 ingredient slow cooker chicken calls for:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dry Italian dressing mix
- Reduced sodium chicken broth
I used Good Seasons dry Italian dressing because it’s what was in the pantry. But when I was at Sprouts the other day, I noticed that Simply Organic has dry Italian dressing mix that I’ll try next time.
Serve this easy slow cooker chicken with your favorite sides. Or use it in your favorite recipes calling for cooked chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 1 package (0.7 ounces) dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Coat the slow cooker with cooking spray. (I used my 2-Quart but I think a 3-Quart would work too.)
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle on the dressing mix.
- Pour broth over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours, until the chicken registers 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer stuck into the centers of the breasts.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this easy 3 ingredient slow cooker chicken recipe, you might also like:
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Skinny and Delicious Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
Slow Cooker Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potatoes
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence