Here’s the recipe for the Skinny Pigs in a Blanket I mentioned in yesterday’s easy healthy broccoli slaw post.
If you have been on Weight Watchers for a while, you’ve probably heard about Hebrew National’s 97% fat free franks. They have just 40 calories and *1 PointsPlus (compared to *5 or more points plus in most hotdogs.) And I think they taste great.
Have you tried Pillsbury’s new line of “Simply…” products? They are not necessarily “light.” But they do have less junk in them. The Simply…®Buttermilk Biscuits contain zero grams trans fat, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial colors or flavors.
Each biscuit has 100 calories, 3 g fat, 15 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 2 g protein and a Weight Watchers Points Plus value of *3.
I flattened the biscuits into 4-inch round “blankets” to wrap around my hotdogs.
If you have more biscuits than hotdogs, just bake them along with your skinny pigs in a blanket. You can then save them for breakfast or enjoy them warm from the oven, which is what we did. (Warm from the oven biscuits are pretty hard to resist.)
I lightly misted the biscuit “blankets” with water and sprinkled on a few sesame seeds, which dressed them up a bit. But, this is totally optional.
Each Skinny Pigs in a blanket has 140 calories, 4 g fat, 18 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 8 g protein and *4 PointsPlus
- 1 package 97% fat free hotdogs (I used Hebrew National)
- 1 package (12 ounces) Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten biscuits into 4 inch circles. Wrap each hot dog in a flattened biscuit, pressing to seal the seam. Lightly mist with water. Sprinkle with sesame sees and press lightly into the biscuits.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your skinny pigs in a blanket with your favorite condiments. We like ketchup and yellow mustard.
Here are a few of my favorite sides to serve with skinny pigs in a blanket:
If this is your first time visiting Simple Nourished Living – welcome! If you like what you have found, please join me on Facebook or follow me on Pinterest or sign up to have my recipes and posts delivered by email. I’m always sharing easy, practical ideas for living happy, healthy and slim.
*PointsPlus® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.