A quick and easy pasta dish with tomatoes, chicken and feta that’s delicious warm or chilled. This tomato, chicken, and feta pasta is adapted from a recipe in Weight Watchers Our Best Quick & Easy Meals cookbook (which, by the way, is a treasure trove of ideas for getting dinner on the table in a dash), replacing a few of the ingredients with what I had on hand.
This Tomato, Chicken and Feta pasta is a great way to use up leftover rotisserie chicken, but I chopped up a piece of roasted sun-dried tomato turkey breast that I had in the fridge instead.
The original recipe called for 1 cup of dry pasta for 6 servings, which seemed a little scant to me, since I’m the only one in the family eating Weight Watchers-size portions. So, I doubled the amounts of pasta and diced tomatoes called for and created a dish with 7 PointsPlus value (PPV) that everyone really liked.
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini or penne (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil and garlic, undrained
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
- ⅓ cup roughly chopped kalamata olives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water before draining.
- While the water boils and pasta cooks, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chopped cooked chicken and olives, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- When the pasta is done, reserve a cup of water and then drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta, and toss gently to combine, adding a little water, if necessary to thin it out.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Top with feta cheese and basil, if using.
- Serve immediately.
More Weight Watchers friendly Pasta Recipes
- Easy Mediterranean Pasta with Tuna & Tomatoes
- Lightened Up Spaghetti with White Clam Sauce
- Skinny Pasta with Broccoli & Chicken