Here’s a great quick and easy chocolate cake made Weight Watchers friendly with just 4 PointsPlus value. Moist and delicious, this easy chocolate chip snack cake begins with a 9-ounce box of chocolate cake mix (the kind designed to make 12 cupcakes) and bakes in an 8-inch square pan, perfect when you want a little cake. (If you can’t find a 9 ounce cake mix, just use half of a regular 18.25-ounce box instead.)
Remember those quick and easy stir together Betty Crocker cake mixes from the 1970s that even included inside the box a cardboard pan to bake it in? They were called Snackin’ Cake and came in a variety of flavors. I loved Snackin’ Cake
Well, this chocolate cake is practically as easy and a whole lot lighter!
- 9 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Lightly mist an 8-inch square metal cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the dry cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, yogurt, egg and vanilla until smooth and well blended, about 1 minute.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cake, covered with plastic wrap for up to 3 days at room temperature or for up to one week in the refrigerator.
*PointsPlus® for calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this post and recipe for easy Weight Watchers friendly chocolate chip snack cake check out these links:
- Skinny Low Fat Chocolate Cake Recipes – I love collecting yummy recipes for lighter chocolate cake. Here are a few favorites.
- Skinny Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Homemade Chocolate Snack Cake – made without dairy or eggs (Enlightened Cooking)
- Homemade Skinny Chocolate Cake (SkinnyTaste)
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!