Here’s my weekly weigh in, a recap of what I’ve posted this week, recipes and articles on other websites and blogs that I’ve bookmarked, a brief assessment and reflection of the week, and my plan and motivational quote for the upcoming week.
I find it helpful to pause, assess, and reflect and do a little planning each week. It helps keep me on track and moving forward.
This was a busy one with Weight Watchers. I added 2 more meetings to my schedule on Thursdays at lunchtime
On Simple Nourished Living This Week:
Skinny Ham Salad Spread Recipe – Finely chopped cooked ham mixed with onion, mustard, mango chutney, light mayonnaise and nonfat Greek Yogurt. (2 PointsPlus)
James Beards’ Pleasant Pasta Recipe – With just a few ingredients, this easy pasta comes together in minutes, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight supper. (8 PointsPlus)
Lightened Up Slow Cooker Coconut Beef Recipe – Lean cubes of beef stirred together with red curry paste, garlic, ginger, and light coconut milk in the slow cooker and simmered until tender. (6 PointsPlus)
Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken Recipe – Boneless skinless chicken thighs soaked in a tasty ginger-lime marinade for several hours and then grilled until tender. (5 PointsPlus)
Skinny Waldorf Salad Recipe – Diced apples, celery, red grapes, and dried cranberries in a light and creamy yogurt-based mustard-enhanced dressing. (2 PointsPlus)
What I Bookmarked This Week:
Weight Watchers friendly recipes and tips from other blogs and websites that I liked and found helpful and thought you would too:
Warm Weather Cocktails – suggestions and tips for how to indulge in summer cocktails with a few yummy recipes (Weight Watchers)
Healthy Snack Ideas– a great collection of healthy real-foods snacks (Whole Living)
Healthier Portobello Mushroom Burger – a simple recipe for a dish I’ve been meaning to try (Snack Girl)
7 Diet Food Rip Offs – I love what I learn from these guys (Men’s Health Eat This Not That)
HG New Foil Pack Recipes – Including Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes and Chicken Sausage with Butternut Squash (Hungry Girl)
Creamy Coconut Pineapple Popsicles – I need to get me some popsicle molds so I can try these! (Laaloosh)
Mango Coconut Chia Pudding Recipe – a healthy tasty no-cook pudding I want to try (SkinnyTaste)
The Good & Not So Good This Week:
- Met my goal of trying 2 new healthy recipes: Skinny Waldorf Salad and Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
- Met my activity goals of walking Francie 6 days and getting on my yoga mat most days
- Had lunch out with Mom on Wednesday at Duck and Decanter, where we shared the yummiest spinach salad and a reuben worth every PointsPlus value and on Friday at Z’s Greek, where I enjoyed a delicious falafel pita and Greek salad.
- Led two new Weight Watchers meetings downtown on Thursday at lunchtime.
My Expectations and Plans for the Coming Week:
- Draft my Simple Nourished Living Newsletter prep for next week’s Weight Watchers Meetings. This week’s topic is on creating your own Eating-Out guide, on where you can get the best food in town.
- Track my food and activity everyday.
- Walk Francie for 30 minutes at least 6 days this week and spend at least 20 minutes on my yoga mat at least 4 days.
- Try at least 2 new healthy recipes.
- Blog at least 4 days.
- Begin compiling recipes for my next e-cookbook.
Quote For the Week:
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” — Zig Ziglar
Get your FREE ebook: 15 Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes (SmartPoints Edition)
You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, tips and support to help you live your best simple & more nourished life!